pages

March 12, 2014

The little things

In a world where instagram and facebook shows us what everybody has and where everybodody is going, it is difficult to appreciate what we have and where we are in the moment. Let's be real, guys, is hard to be happy about going to school everyday when you see Kim Kardashian posting pictures on instagram of her doing absolutely nothing the whole day. And that's nothing wrong with that, if she can do it, good for her ! (I wish I could stay all day on instagram just posting pictures of my shoes and bags, although even if I had the time I wouldn't be doing that.) 

Anyway, my point is that we should appreciate what we do have in our lives at the moment. And that's not about settling or not doing things to get a better life. Is about being happy with what you have so you can attract more happy and good things for your life. I'm a firm believer that positivity and happiness attracts more positivity and more happiness. 





So I decided to start doing these posts where I share with you the things in my week that made me happy and if you feel like sharing the love and the happiness you can share with us the things that made your week better. Anything is valid, we don't judge ! 


Number One : Movie nights in my bed. 
Even though I've been studying like a crazy person (gotta finish that college), my favorite thing to do in a friday night is to get super cozy in my bed, turn on the air conditioner (summer in Rio, you don't even want to know), get me some ice itea and chocolate and just forget about all the things I have to read with a good movie. This week's choice was Hunger Games 2 (for the third time) and I have here my loyal companion, Kitty !





Number two : Doing my nails. 
Some people go to therapy, I do my nails. It calms me down, gives me time to think about my life and catch up on all the youtube videos of the week (I'm a little addicted to youtube videos).




Number three : Strange little cup. 
My mom was cleaning out the kitchen cabinets and found this little adorable thing lost there. She was going to throw it out because she didn't have a pair and I said no no no. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it, so for now it holds my little Alladin monkey friend ! 





Number four : New song. I don't think this song is considered new for the world, but I only discovered it this week. 


Number five : Receiving a very special letter from a very special guy. My boyfriend sent me the letter almost 2 months ago and when I had lost all hope.. it came on the mail today ! uh uh uh ! Let's just say that I'm very excited about that. 




I hope everyone had a wonderful week and if you don't feel like sharing your week's highlights with a bounch of strangers on the internet (who would do that, right ?) and you still want to share the love, you can just share my blog !
                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...