pages

April 22, 2014

Empties ! #1

This morning when I was taking pictures of my trash I had a very hard time explaining to mom why I was doing it. After 10 min she just said : Ok, you do what you want to do ! 

So, I'm here doing what I want to do. I looove empties videos or blog posts. I don't know about you, but it just gives me a sense of accomplishment when I finish the products (Do I sound crazy ?), like I'm not throwing money away. 
And since a 12-hour-very-expensive flight separates me and my boyfriend I need to save money, so in my blogger mind I thought doing empties posts would motivate me to use up all my products and save some money. 

After this very uplifting morning here are my empties !  

1. MAC Base Studio Fix Powder in NW35 : I've been using this product for years and years, since I was 15. I love this powder and since I don't use foundation everyday I just go with this when I'm going to class or something. 
- Definately repurchase (every time I travel I get like 5 and I have 3 backups at the moment) and I totally recomend it. 
*Don't forget to save you MAC empties for the Back to MAC. 




2. MAC Base Studio Fix Powder in NC43 : This one was actually my sister's and she gave it to me because she wasn't that color anymore. I'm not either, but since I can't throw a product that is half full away I just used it to set my under eye concealer. 
- Definately repurchase but it's a little too heavy for the under eye area.
*Don't forget to save you MAC empties for the Back to MAC. 




3. La Roche Posay Anthelios SPF 40 Fluide Extreme (sample size) : My sister is a doctor and one of her dermatologist friends got a bounch of this samples for us because they were going to expire soon. And I have to say they are amazing, the ones that we got were for oily skin. Also, since it's liquid product it absorves into your skin faster and doesn't leave that shiny appearence. 
- Definately repurchase and I'm getting the big bottle after the samples finish.

4. MAC Superslick Liquid Eye Liner in On the Hunt : I don't have anything bad to say about this eyeliner but it was nothing out of this world or a must have. it was simply good, but for the price I was expecting something amazing. 
- I wouldn't repurchase just for the price. I think you can find better ones for a smaller price. 
*Don't forget to save you MAC empties for the Back to MAC. 





5. Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup Remover : This one I got in a set along with a moisturizer, a toner and an eye cream. I didn't really like and I didn't think it takes the makeup off very well. You need to really rub it in and I don't want to be doing this in my eyes. But I'm saving the bottle to put my Bioderma when I travel. - the bottle is very good !
I wouldn't repurchase it. 




6. Clean and Clear Morning Glow Moisturizer SPF 15 (Oil-free) : This has been my morning moisturizer forever. I love it and I think it's a great product to wear under your makeup in the morning and gives a small protection against the sun. But if you have really dry skin I wouldn't recommend it because it's a very light weight moisturizer. 
- Definately repurchase and I already have a backup. 




7. TRESemm√© Keratin Smooth Shampoo : I never see a lot of difference in my hair when I try different shampoos, but this one was a good one. Nothing spectacular. It says that it controls the frizz for 48 hours, I don't know about that ! 
- I would repurchase it in the future but now I'm using the Aussie one. 




8. Nivea Gel Limpiador Facial : This one is in spanish because I bought it in Cancun (Oooh I miss Cancun !) since I didn't pack any face wash. It has some beads that exfoliate your face a little bit. It's pretty good and if I find it here in Rio de Janeiro I'll buy. 
- Definately repurchase.




Now I can finally throw everything away and I'm feeling pretty good about myself ! What are your recent empties ??

And if you did a recent blog post or video about empties please let me know on the comments because I would love to check it out. 

Thanks so much for reading ! 

Bye 



2 comments:

  1. i love empties posts as well, i might have to try this moisturiser and your spanish face wash looks good too haah XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend them hahahaha ! I'm glad you enjoyed the post. Empties are my favorites !

      Delete