pages

April 29, 2014

How to: Cut Your Own Hair



I first started to cut my own hair during my short period living abroad. I still had almost 4 months until I came back home and my hair was almost in my belly botton and the ends were just sad. It was definately time to cut it and my only problem was that a haircut in the South of France was about 50 euros (If you convert it to reais it's almost 150 reais) so I said, no thank you and went straight back to my room. 

Since I had no other option and I wasn't doing anything interesting that night I thought : Why I don't do it myself ? 

So after watching all the youtube videos that I could find about cutting your own hair, I finally took courage, got my kitchen scissors and went for it. The result wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and it looked actually pretty nice, way better than my crazy lady hair from before. 

Since the first time, I've cut my hair alone about 5 times and nobody has ever stopped me on the street and asked what the hell is wrong with my hair, so I think that I must be doing something right. Also I add some ombre highlights with the L'Oreal Paris Wild Ombre Kit, it's super easy to use and the results are pretty cool. 

Keep in mind that my hair is naturaly straight and just a little bit weavy, so I like to add a lot of layers to give it some volume and structure. So if your hair is very curly or has a lot of volume maybe that's not the best method for you. 

So if you're interested in the process that I do, here it is: 

I start with my hair dry and bring everything in a very high ponytail at the top of my head. This will make your hair cut in layers, because the back and the front parts will be cut in a straight cut, so the back part is going to be a little longer that the front layer. 






I also like to cut my bangs. They frame your face and they're the first thing people see when they're looking at you, so it's important to take some extra time with them. 

After that I like to get some random layers and bring them up to the top of my hair and give it a straight cut as well. Just to give more volume. 

And that's pretty much it. To finish I just wash my hair, let it air dry and after I go in with the straightner just see if I did some pretty big mistakes. And if I did, it's the time I take to fix them. An importante way to see if everything is in place and if the two sides match (maybe they don't match completely because you're parting the hair to one side, just keep that in mind) is to separete the hair in two sides and bring them close in the front. 





I know that nothing replaces a professional, but these are just some tips and tricks if you're trying to save some money or of you just like doing things yourself. 

I would love to know your opinions about this and if you also cut your own hair please share some of your tricks with us. 

Thanks so much for taking the time read this. Have a wonderful day and don't forget to subscribe in the side bar so you don't miss the next posts ! 

Bye 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...