pages

April 8, 2014

Let's cross over : Cannes







As I mentioned before I've spent six months living and studying in the south of France (Nice). And since I had all that time I did a lot of traveling in the cities nearby, like Cannes, Monaco and Eze. But this post is going to be interely dedicated to Cannes, not because it's such a big city with lots do, but because I have a lot of pictures and a tendency to blabber. 


First of all I have to say that from Nice to Cannes you only pay 1.50 euros to go by bus (I'm not kidding, it's that cheap) and the ride is actually not that long, maybe 40-45 min, but the bus is super comfortable and passes trough some very cute cities like Antibes.

The city itself is not very big, the bus stops right in the center and you can make your way from there. The first thing that I think you should do is go the Turism Office (located on the way to the beach) where you can get a map. 
The map they give you has a walking tour marked that you can make all by yourself (no need for a guide) and passes through all the interesting spots in the city that have some pretty great views. It goes through the old part of town, to the place where they have the restaurants, a little shopping street with a Zara (I did some damage in there because the sale was so so so good) and after the only thing left to do is to relax on the beach (not a very bad thing, right ?).










So, let's begin with the beach. 

1) Beach. 
This is my favorite part, problably because the beach in Nice doesn't have sand (it's all stones). One important thing to keep in mind is that, in the summer, the restaurants and bars close some parts of the beach and make it only available to their clients. But, no need to worry, there are parts that are public, the only thing is that they're a little small and there is usually a lot of people. But you can still have a great time. 








2) Old part of town: This is the part that we visited with the walking tour, just keep in mind that there's a lot of walking. But, on the bright side you get some amazing views of the city. There you can find a little chruch and the Musée de la Castre, we didn't go inside, because it was closed and also because I'm not a big fan of museums.








we made a little friend !





3) Cannes Film Festival: I think that this the part most people are more excited about. But, I have to tell you, I was not impressed ! The building is a little ugly and the entrance as well, I think they only make it pretty when the festival is happening. 

4) Expensive stores: With my student's budget I couldn't afford anything, let alone a Chanel bag. But it sure was good to window shop and see all those rich french people spending their euros.  

5) The Carlton Hotel: Before I was there I really didn't know anything about this hotel. My friend when we were there was reading her little traveling guide and say that it was a pretty big deal, apparently is where all the celebreties stay during the Festival. And I pretty cool fun fact about it is that the domes were inspired in the boobs of a famous courtesan of the French Riviera, Caroline Otero. Come on, that's pretty cool ! 



6) Île Sainte-Marguerite: If you have some extra time in your hands, or just want to do something different there's a very cool island that I would totally recomend checking out. To go there you can take a boat from Cannes and to check the prices, the timetable and everything, you can go here. Just don't forget to bring your student's id to get your discount and a good camera because the views are amzing. 
What I think a lot of people don't know is that in that island stayed the prisioner of the iron mask and you actually can go inside the room he used to live and see the mask and everything. I don't know if you think that's interesting but it I thought it was pretty cool. 
And in the island there is also the Maritime Museum, that one I didn't really like, problably because it looked more like a museum. 

Posing on the boat, because who doesn't ? 


The Island.



The entrance.

His lovely room.

A picture of the view from the Island -  Les Alpes.


Over all I think that Cannes is a definately must see if you're planing a trip to the south of France. It's a beautiful city, just a little expensive (don't worry, they have McDonald's right in the center).
Aaaah, and if you noticed that in the pictures I'm wearing differents clothes is because they were two different trips, just because.. 

So, now I want to hear about you guys ! What do you think about Cannes ? Have you ever been there ? Would you like to go ? Did you like the post ? 

Thanks so much for reading and have an awesome day !






1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Btw,I'm also on Instagram,maybe you like my account?
    Lovely greets from germany ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...