pages

July 8, 2014

Products I Regret Buying.

Everybody has their little stash of products they deeply regret spending their hard working money at. Mine is just probably bigger than others. So since they are just sitting in my closet taking up space I decided to do some cleaning up and show it to you guys so you don't make the same mistakes as me. 




1. Garnier Fructis Style Curl Shaping Spray Gel.

I always sucked at curling my hair and I thought this product could help. It says that it reduces the frizz and helps to define the curl. Its just didn't do any of this in my hair and just left it very hard and weird. 


2. Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Sparkling Shadow. 

This looks like Fairy Dust. I'm not kidding. It's an incredibly light pink shimmering eyeshadow. And it makes a huge mess every time I opened it.  I've had this for a long time (3 or 4 years) and used it probably 2 times. 

It's time to throw it away ! 

3. TRESemm√© FreshStart Dry Shampoo.

Usually I love me some dry shampoo but this one just didn't work out. It leaves a horrible white cast on your hair making you look like a grandma and it dries your hair incredibly. I know that dry shampoo dries your hair a little bit, but that one was just too much.   

And more importantly, it didn't remove any of the oils and left my hair looking pretty strange. 

Try this instead: Batiste Dry Shampoo


4. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. 

I got this one in a kit along with some other things and I have to say that I'm not impressed with Clinique's products. Everybody seems to love this moisturizer but it just didn't work in my skin. 

I was using as a night time moisturizer because it doesn't have SPF in it, but it just wasn't thick enough and in the morning my skin still felt dry. And I have oily skin, so I don't know what happened. Maybe it's just a very light moisturizer. 

I'm almost finishing up this one because it was freaking expensive and I don't want to throw it out, but I obviously wouldn't repurchase it. 



5. Primark's Lip Balm.  

I have no idea what I was thinking when I bought this. Actually I know: " One pound for a lip balm ? SCORE ! I'm getting five." And so I did get five and now all of them are just chilling in my closet because I don't need more lip balms than I already have. 

They are not particularly bad. They are just unnecessary for me and I wish I haven't spent 5 pounds on them. 

Try this instead: Nivea Lip Butter. 


6. Herbal Essences Volumizing Hairspray.



I mainly got this one because I wanted a to give my curls more volume. I was trying to go for a Gisele Bundchen kind of look. Which I failed completely at. But the problem of this hairspray is the smell, because it really does hold the curl pretty well. 

I don't really know how to describe. It's like old hairspray scent meets cheap perfume. Something like that. And it just sticks to hair and through the day you can smell it. It just does not work for me that smell. Maybe it won't bother you, but I just can't. 




For now these are the ones I'm gonna share but I'm working on a part #2 because I still have some products worth mentioning.

Now I want to hear from you guys ! Have you tried this products I mentioned ? Do they work for you ? Am I using them in the wrong way ? Do you like this kind of posts ? How was your day ? Everything to get the ball rolling in the comments.. 

Hope you guys found it helpful and also let me know if you did a post like this cause I love checking them out. 

Thanks so much for reading  ! 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...