pages

July 4, 2014

To be read..



I decided to share today the books that I intend on reading next. I know that I only recently started to write about books on the blog, but I've always been an avid reader and I decided to start sharing with you this other passion of mine.





Wonder. 



Author: R.J. Palacio
Publisher: Alfred A. Knopf.
I want it ? Get it here ! 


This is the first book in my list mainly because I already started reading and I also (just like all the books in the list) I heard a lot of good things about it. The story centers around a boy who is different, physically, and his struggles to fit in a normal school environment.

The book also shows the perspective of his friends and a couple of his family members so you can understand all that is happening. And it's AMAZING. I fell in love with this boy in the first paragraph and latter I also fell in love with his family and some of his friends. 

So far it's a very easy read and when I finish the book I'll definitely to a Book Review (click here and here to see the previous ones).

If what I wrote didn't convince you to start reading, here's the book trailer. 







The Secret Agent. 



Author: Joseph Conrad.
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
I want it ? Get it here !

I got this book because the bookstore that I usually go to was having an incredible sale. I even thought that they were going to close because they were selling book for R$1.99 (I'll let you convert to dollars on your own). So, being a sales freak like I am, I just had to get 20 books. Yes, I got 20 books and my sister go 7. And now you guess how many of those books we actually read ? I read 5 and my lovely sister read 1. 

So now that I'm on vacation I made it my goal to read at least 1 more from that huge haul. And I'm gonna start with this one. It says on the cover that it's a classic and I did a little research on GoodReads and the reviews are pretty good. 

The only bad thing is that I have it in Portuguese and I like to read books in their original language. Does anyone else has this thing ?? I just don't like reading translated books. 




To All The Boys I Loved Before. 



Author: Jenny Han.
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers.
I want it ? Get it here !

I can't lie, I'm pretty excited about this book ! I think it's going to be the next one that I'm gonna read. I'm most excited because I love this author, she is the one who wrote the "The Summer I Turned Pretty" trilogy and love those books. (You can read my review here).

I'm always attracted to this Young Adult/Teenage types of books. They're my guilty pleasure. And the cover is just amazing. I know you're not supposed to judge a book by it's cover but cute covers always win me over. 

All I know about the story is that some old letter that the main character wrote to her past crushes gets sent away to them, and when they get it they all go back to confront her. Seems pretty good to me !




Making Faces. 





Author: Amy Harmon. 

I want it ? Get it here !

I know next to nothing about this book, only that it involves some sort of accident. But sometimes I like to start a book like this, knowing nothing about it. One thing that is making me confuse is trying to connect the title with the cover and the story. But I think it'll all come together once I start reading. 

The reviews that I read were mostly positive and some people said it was amazing. I'm really looking forward reading this and I just bought it on kindle.   




Cinder.


Author: Marissa Mayer. 
Publisher: Square Fish
I want it ? Get it here !

I've bought this book a long time ago on Kindle and been trying to start reading it ever since. But something always gets in the way. So I'm putting it on this list to just get this over with. Does anybody else buys the book and doesn't read it, so it just sits there judging you ? Because I do that a lot ! 

The books seems to be really good and I believe it's about a retelling of Cinderella in a futuristic world. Come on, who won't like that ? 




Clockwork Angel. 


Author: Cassandra Clare
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Want it ? Get it here

This one is very famous on the Youtube world. I follow a couple of book channels and everybody seems to be talking about, and saying that it's amazing and everything. 

So I decided to read it, I have zero idea what it's about and the cover didn't really caught my attention, but I still want to read. Does anyone know if I need to read the Mortal Instruments' books first ? 


I hope you guys got some ideas of books to read or if you already read any of this books please shre your opinion on the comments so I can know what I'm getting into. 

Let me know if you would like a review of any of these books. 
Thanks so much for stopping by. 

See you on the next post ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...