pages

September 16, 2014

The Misery Of Living With Your Parents



If you currently live with your parents you know exactly what I'm talking about. It's not like I hate them.. I mean how could I after everything that they have done for me.. but they sure do everything in their power to make our living situation as hard as possible. It might be a little "conspiracy theory" from my part but I think that they become more annoying than usual just so we move out as fast as we can. 

Before I jump into the post I thought a little explanation of where I'm coming from seemed fit. Here in Brazil, we don't have that culture of moving away when we go to college (this happens very rarely) and since I was lucky enough to have one of the best Universities in my on state only a 40 min drive away I got to keep living with my parents for more 4 years of my life. Yeeey me ! #notreally

So to make a this a little more fun and not so miserable I decided to point out only the 5 most annoying things that I have to go through on my everyday life of living with mom and dad.  

 1) Judgy looks 



These looks come out specially when you're watching TV or you're going out at night. They are kind of saying : Really ?! You have time to insert here an activity that's not productive but not for insert here a productive activity

And sometimes you've been working or studying (like me) the entire day and the 30 min you get to relax and just forget about your worries they arrive home and start with the annoyance. 

2) Huge Lack of Privacy


In my house the lack of privacy became so high that sometimes my mom asks me questions about the phone call I just had in my room. Yes, you read it right, she listens to everything and the parts that she didn't understand she simply asks about it. Ladies and gentleman, that's my mom ! 

But that's only one of the things. There's always the constant knocking on the door to tell you things that nobody cares, the asking what are you doing in your computer for so ling and with who you're going out at night. 

3) SO MUCH NOISE


To some of you this might not be a problem but for me it's a very big one. I'm in a phase in my life where I have to study, A LOT, and this becomes practically impossible if my whole family starts to communicate on a screaming basis and leaving the TV on the entire day on maximum volume. They're not even watching.. but the TV has to be on. 
4) Wake Up Call 


I don't know if you'll believe me but once my mom woke me up to let me know that I'd have to wake up in 10 minutes. I'm not kidding, this actually happened. 
And a whole bunch of other things to, like waking me up just because I should be awake, waking me up to let me know that she would live the house and waking me up because it's a beautiful day outside. 

5)  If You're A Couple The Hell Is Double 


I know I already mentioned in other posts but my boyfriend stayed with us for 40 days this year (because he's from Spain and bla bla bla - you can read all about it here) and let me tell you, it was not easy. So I can only imagine how it would be if he actually had to live with us and, guys, I don't wish that to my worst enemy.

Do you live with your parents ? How is it ? Do you agree with my little rant ? 
I'm really looking forward to reading you're answers ! 

I hope you enjoyed this little post. It was supposed to be funny and entertaining. I'm very grateful for everything that my parents do for me and I also love them very much. But they're parents and parents are always difficult to deal with. 

Thanks you so much for stopping by ! 

- Michele Mattos

8 comments:

  1. hahaha it was very funny!!
    Don't worry, the wake up call happens in my house almost everyday, I suffer it too :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! After moving away to university for four years and then having to move back in with the parents afterwards, urgh, hated it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is the worst thing ever ! But hopefully is temporary and I'll be moving out soon ! Fingers crossed :)

      Delete
  3. Just loved this post it made me laugh all the way through reading it, just because its so true!! I am 21 and still living with my parents just because its the cheaper option whilst I save :) it can be super annoying tho but I guess it's something you have to put up with to save the pennies ;) xx

    www.krystelcouture.com | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really annoying, Jenny ! I'm glad to know that I'm not alone here.. hahaha
      And I think you're right, it's better to save now and after live with more comfort than moving out and having to come move back in after a year. hahaha

      Good luck to you and I hope you get to move out soon ! :)

      Delete
  4. Ha ha ha! My comment is: "No comment!" I totally feel you on this one, Michele!
    :) Alice
    www.alicemanfrida.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alice ! It's good know I'm not alone on this one ! :)

      Delete