pages

October 25, 2014

20 Things To Do In My Twenties.

letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_things_to_do_twenties

First of all I have to say that I was completely inspired by the lovely Rachel (her blog is AMAZING and you should definitely go check it out) and her post "30 before 30" where she established 30 things that she would like to do before turning 30. 

I thought that this was a great idea so I decided to mix things up a little (not really) and come up with 20 things I'd like to conquer while I'm still in my twenties. I know I've got plenty of time (I'm only 21) and I could probably (I hope so at least..) get more things done but I decided to narrow it down to just the important stuff to share with you guys today.

Let's get personal ! 

1. Get married
I consider myself a very independent woman and I'm always the first one to tell all my friends that they don't need a man to be happy, because they really don't. And to be completely honest I've never really thought about marriage before meeting my boyfriend. But I don't know.. meeting him made me see certain things in a different way and now I totally see the point of tying the knot. I see it as a way of building a life together and getting a partner for life who will help you (and you'll help them) to find the things you've always wanted.

2. Move out of my parents house
I cannot stress how much I want to move out. I don't want you guys to get the wrong idea.. I have amazing parents who support me on everything I do. Seriously, if I say tomorrow that I want to become president they will start planning my campaign. But I think you just get to an age where it's time, I'm ready to be independent and get my own little space (because if I do get my own space you can bet it's going to be little).     

3. Get a job that inspires me
Because if I do need to be somewhere from nine to five I want it to be worthy, I want to see results from what I'm doing and hopefully make a difference in the world. I know it's a long shot and you'll probably think I'm so naive but it's true.


4. Be independent
Emotionally, financially and in all the ways that I can. I don't want to rely on anyone to feel complete or to live. 

5. Finish college
It's about time. I'm ready to leave and to start a new journey, I feel like I already learned everything that they had to taught me and now I'm just there doing the hours..

6. Start a master
Because there is no such thing as too much education and I do see myself becoming a teacher in the future. 

7. Visit all the continents
If you don't know this by now.. Hello, you must be new here. Traveling is one of my great passions and seeing all the continents has always been a big dream of mine.

8. Find a routine that makes me happy
It's not like I'm miserable right now but I could be happier. I know I have a very fortunate life but I have to say that it's not exactly how I  wanted. I do believe that happiness is choice and I've been doing some little changes here and there to see if I get to where I want to be.  

9. Learn to relax
Or meditate.. I need to learn how shut it all off and just breath. 

10. Save more money
I think this is all about being a more conscious buyer and stop spending money on clothes because I honestly don't need half of what I have. 

11. Keep blogging
Blogging is something I started as hobby and I ended up enjoying it more than I should. It's such a cool way to meet new people who share the same interests as me and to connect with bloggers from all over the world. I don't think I'll ever be able to call this a profession but I don't see myself stopping any time soon. It's just something that makes me happy. 

12. Control my anxiety
I feel like nowadays everybody has anxiety problems and it's probably because of this fast passed world that we leave in. I don't have extremely bad anxiety but sometimes I have a hard time going to bed, specially when I know that there's something new waiting for me on the next day. 

13. Learn an instrument
Because why not ? And I think serenading someone is one of the most romantic and cheesy things in the world. 

14. Teach something 
I think that sharing knowledge is so important and I plan on doing this in some sort of volunteer work.   

15. Watch the Aurora Boreal
Because it must be simply magical. 

16. Do something new everyday
I'm not talking about doing something completely new but just spicing up my life like going to a new coffee shop, going for a run in a new location.. Simple things, just so you won't get stuck in a rut.  

17. Develop a healthy lifestyle
It's sooooo hard but not impossible. I've been eating more healthy and hopefully I'll be able to continue like this long enough to become a habit. 

18. Get a bike 
This is me trying to make an effort to develop a better lifestyle and hopefully stop using my car so much. 

19. Read more
I usually read a lot for school which leaves me no time to read for pleasure because when I take a break from studying I want to get as far away from books as I can. But this week I started the "If I Stay" book which I mentioned on my previous post and so far I'm really liking it. 

20. Go outside more
Nowadays we're almost obliged to use the computer at least once a day. In my case, with school, looking for a job and writing a blog I'm pretty much online all day everyday. And that's just bad for my mind and my body, plus I really enjoy going for walks and sometimes running outside.

What are some of the things that you want to do ?
Leave them in the comments or if you'd like make a blog/video about it. 

I think it would be a great idea to make this into some sort of a TAG. In my opinion it's great to establish some goals and to just stop for awhile and reflect on what do we really want in the future and the path we're taking.   

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you on the next one !
      

letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_things_to_do_twenties






12 comments:

  1. Great post! I hope you get everything done! They all sound amazing! xx

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing and very inspirational! Hope you get them done! :)
    Lauriane xx
    www.dressfashionably.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lauriane ! You're too sweet ! :)

      Delete
  3. This is a great list for things your wish to do, hope you achieve it all, sweetie!

    Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great list! Good luck :)

    xx arushee //
    unadorned gifts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your list! I'm inspired to make my own list now! Definitely will link back to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely do it ! :)

      Let me know if you do.

      Delete
  6. Really like this post, might make my own list! Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, Becky ! :)
      Please let me know if you do so I can check it out !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...