pages

October 21, 2014

HOW TO : Breakfast For Lunch.

letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_recipe_omelette_pesto_tomatoes_breakfast

I don't think I've mentioned here on the blog before but I'm a Pesto Sauce fanatic. You can even ask my boyfriend.. when we were living in France everything that I cooked I managed to put a little bit of this amazing sauce in it. 

So with almost a year experiencing with this delicacy (pesto is a delicacy ?) I learned how to incorporate it in a lot of delicious dishes and today I thought I'd share one of my favorites. I know in a lot of countries Omelets are considered a breakfast food but I usually eat it for lunch.. probably because I'm never really hungry in the morning. 

Shall we cook ?

Basic Ingredients :
letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_recipe_omelette_pesto_tomatoes_breakfast


These are the main ingredients but since it's an omelette you can do it with pretty much whatever you want or with whatever you have on your fridge. There are also some other things we're gonna use it but those are entirely up to you like salt, bread, some parmesan cheese or any other cheese you'd like and some green leaves, I used spinach.

Directions :
letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_recipe_omelette_pesto_tomatoes_breakfast

1. Crack two eggs on a bowl
I like doing this step because sometimes the eggs could be bad or something so it's something my mom always told to do so I do it. 

2. Chop Chop Chop
Now you chop all your ingredients. If you're using any kind of special cheese or in my case a diced the tomatoes and chopped some cilantro leaves to give a little extra flavor. You can always add onions, garlic, maybe even some mushrooms with you'd like. 

3. Mix it up
In this step you just have to mix the eggs, the cilantro leaves, salt and pepper to make the "body" of the omelette. 

4. Put it in the pan
Here your just gonna put your mixture into the pan and wait for it to cook. Just don't forget to put some butter or olive oil first so things don't stick to the pan. 

letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_recipe_omelette_pesto_tomatoes_breakfast
5. Let it cook 
Here we just wait for the eggs to cook and hopefully if you're able to you can flip them over. I tried and tried but I never succeed !


6. Fill it up
Now it's time to put everything you want on the inside. As I said before I went with some spinach leaves, baby tomatoes and parmesan cheese. And after you just close it up and wait a little for the cheese to melt. 


Do you have any quick recipes to share ? Did you like it ?
Do you share my love for pesto sauce ?

Let me know on the comments you thoughts, opinions and suggestions !

If you guys get the chance to try this at home make sure to let me know here or on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. I love hearing from you guys over there.

Thanks so much for stopping by and come back soon ! 

letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_recipe_omelette_pesto_tomatoes_breakfast



8 comments:

  1. I love pesto and usually make my own, it's quick and very simple but hubby dearest is not a huge fan of it so I rarely use it. That omelette looks delish and I want one too now! LOL!

    Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shireen ! It's super quick to make it.. I also do my own homemade pesto but today I was extra lazy so I just got this pre made one ! :)

      Delete
  2. Nice post :)

    http://lamodestieaveclestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious! I must try this tomorrow ^^

    Z ♥
    http://beautybyz.blogspot.se/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, girl ! If you get the chance to try send me a picture, please ! :)

      Delete
  4. My husband is a huge pesto fan. Actually, I have a jar of it in the kitchen...maybe it'll make it's way into dinner tonight. lol Thanks for the inspiration!
    :) Alice
    www.alicemanfrida.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I inspired you, Alice ! hahahahah
      Thanks for stopping by ! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...