pages

October 10, 2014

Let Me Cross Over : London - Part II.

letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_london_camden_town_beatles_abbey_road_china_town

First of all, before reading this post you should definitely check out the Part I in case you haven't read it yet because this is obviously going to be a sequel. Since we have a lot to cover on this post I'm going to get right to it.

Camden Lock Market |

letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_london_camden_town_beatles_abbey_road_china_town_travel_traveling

I'm so sad I didn't have more pictures of this place because it's amazing. It's a HUGE market where you can find pretty much everything, from clothes to food and everything in between. I bought souvenir for everybody at such a good price, I got a couple of T-shirts and we even found a little place selling some Brazilian food which I have to admit made me feel weirdly excited and happy. 

In my opinion this is a definite must see and there's Superdrug very close on the way to the subway station, which is always a plus. 

letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_london_camden_town_beatles_abbey_road_china_town_travel_traveling

For more information check here


Abbey Road Studios |

letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_london_camden_town_beatles_abbey_road_china_town_travel_traveling

I have to admit that I'm not a big Beatles fan, I don't have anything against them but it's just not my thing. But nonetheless I wanted to check the this place because it has a lot of history behind it and it was quite interesting.   

I obviously had to stop traffic like a big tourist to take the famous picture. I know it doesn't look very good but you have to understand that there are a lot of people around the area to take this exact same picture so I didn't have the heart to ask for the nice lady to take another one. 

Abbey Road Studios also has a crossing camera so if you didn't take your picture you can go on their website (linked below) and see yourself crossing. 

letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_london_camden_town_beatles_abbey_road_china_town_travel_traveling

There's also a this little coffee shop right outside the subway station where you can get all sorts of souvenirs or if you're feeling normal just take some good ol' coffee. 

letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_london_camden_town_beatles_abbey_road_china_town_travel_traveling

For more information check here

| Portobello Road | 

letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_london_notting_hill_camden_town_beatles_abbey_road_china_town_travel_traveling

I love this area of London. Portobello Road is a street located in Notting Hill and if you haven't watched the movie (Notting Hill with Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant) you definitely should because you feel like you're inside it. The houses, the cafes and the shops are sooo beautiful and really deserve a visit. 

But this street is actually famous for the Antique Market that happens every Saturday. I just loved it.. you can find cool unique jewelry, bags and even some baked goods.    

letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_london_camden_town_beatles_abbey_road_china_town_travel_traveling_notting_hill

For more information check here

| China Town |

letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_london_camden_town_beatles_abbey_road_china_town_travel_traveling_notting_hill

I think I liked China Town so much because I was incredibly hungry when we arrived and we ate at a great "all you can eat buffet" of chinese food for just 8 pounds. So if you put good food and new places together I'm a happy camper. 


I have to admit that there's not much to do around there but you can find so really cool supermarkets stocked with chinese goodies. We got all sorts of crazy candy and cookies to eat after.     

letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_london_camden_town_beatles_abbey_road_china_town_travel_traveling_notting_hill

For more information check here !


So this post ends here guys ! I hope you enjoyed seeing my little adventures around London and don't forget to check the Part I. I'll be doing Part III probably on the weekend because I like mix traveling posts with other kind of posts so no one will get bored. 

Have you ever been to London ? What do you think about the city ?
Let me know your answers, opinions and suggestions in the comments. 
I love love love hearing from you guys and your feedback is always important.

Thank you so much for taking your time and reading.  

Come back soon !




6 comments:

  1. I have to admit, Abbey Road is one place I wish i had remembered/bothered/thought about finding and seeing for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know.. but to be honest there's not much to do there other than take a picture, so I don't think you missed much ! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm enjoying all of your pictures from London! It's on the short list of possibilities for our next vacation.
    :) Alice
    www.alicemanfrida.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Alice !

      You should definitely go to London. I know it's an expensive trip but it's sooo worth it ! It's a beautiful city with lots of things to do :)

      Delete
  3. Aw, you make me want to go back! I'm still in the process of telling all of my London stories on my blog, even though it's been more than four months :D

    Thank you for your lovely post, I wish I had more time to explore Camden. It seems to have this unique kind of quirky spirit... :)

    dancethedrizzle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Camden really is very cool and I think we'll need to live in London to be able to explore everything it has to offer ! And that wouldn't be a bad idea either..

      Thanks for commenting and come back soon, Marie ! :)

      Delete