pages

October 8, 2014

Let Me Cross Over: London - Part I.

letmecrossover_london_harrypotter_covent_garden_travel_guide_united_kingdon_michele_mattos
It's been so long since I've done a travelling post. I've been putting off writing this one because London is a HUGE city so I can only imagine how big this post is going to be. But today we're doing this ! 

First of all I have to say that I was lucky enough to have gone to London two times already. First time as a complete tourist with my mom and dad back in 2012. And the second one happened more by accident.. my beautiful cousin was studying there for a year at the same time that I was in studying in Nice, so I HAD to go again and do a little visit. So if you see me looking quite different in some of the pictures is because one trip was in 2012 and the other 2013.. I apparently changed a lot in that period. 

The ticket was ridiculously cheap, I believe I paid 80 pounds roundtrip with EasyJet (poor traveler's best friend) and the flight was so fast. I mean one hour tops and I was already. First thing you should keep in mind when booking a trip to London is that the city is HUGE and not all the airports are close to the center of the city so be sure to check if the airport you'll be arriving to is close to where you're staying. 

I arrived in Heathrow and the first we did after dropping of my bags at her house was SHOPPING. If you live in Europe or you've traveled to a couple of countries you know that shopping in some countries are cheaper than others. So since I was living in Nice where everything was so expensive you can imagine my excitement to shop. 

We went straight to Primark. Words cannot explain how much I love that store. It's true that it's always very full of people and that the quality is not always the best but I think you can find some very cool pieces at a very affordable price. I know that the most famous one for the tourists in London is at Oxford Street so if you're looking for a quieter one you can go on the website and they give other locations. We also did some shopping at Forever21, H&M and Zara but these stores are literally everywhere so I'm not gonna talk about them. 


letmecrossover_london_harrypotter_covent_garden_travel_guide_united_kingdon_michele_mattos_primark

Another great place to do some shopping is the Westfield Stratford. It's the biggest shopping center in Europe and there you can find every store your little heat desires. 

Enough with the shopping let's talk sight seeing. We went to pretty much everywhere.. London Eye, Buckingham Palace, Covent Garden, Trafalgar Square, China Town, M&M Store, Platform 9 3/4, Camden Lock Market, Abbey Road Studios and Portobello Road. I'm gonna talk about each one individually so you can skip it if you're only interested in some particular place. 


| London Eye |

letmecrossover_london_eye_harrypotter_covent_garden_travel_guide_united_kingdon_michele_mattos_primark

letmecrossover_london_eye_harrypotter_covent_garden_travel_guide_united_kingdon_michele_mattos_primark


Some people say it's not worthy to pay the ticket just for one ride but in my opinion it's totally worthy it and it was quite an experience. You get to see almost the entire city from top and the view is amazing. 

Get the tickets here !

letmecrossover_london_eye_harrypotter_covent_garden_travel_guide_united_kingdon_michele_mattos_primark


Buckingham Palace | 

letmecrossover_london_eye_harrypotter_covent_garden_travel_guide_united_kingdon_michele_mattos_primark



If any of you feel like saying Hello to the Queen I think that's the place to find her. To be honest there's not much to do there but it's good see it at least once in your life.. I mean if you're already in London you kind of have to go. 

The only thing to see really is the Changing of the Guard which happens 3 times a day so I'd recommend you checking the website linked below for all the details. I didn't wait to see because there were so many people but I have a lot of friends who waited and they said is quite interesting. At the end of the day.. it's your choice. 

letmecrossover_london_eye_harrypotter_covent_garden_travel_guide_united_kingdon_michele_mattos_primark

For more information check here !

| Covent Garden | 

letmecrossover_london_eye_harrypotter_covent_garden_travel_guide_united_kingdon_michele_mattos_primark


I completely fell in love with this little place and if I lived in London I would go there every sunday. It's just so beautiful, it has a great atmosphere, there are shops, restaurants, little markets.. it's quite a nice place to visit if you're in London for an extended period of time. 



letmecrossover_london_eye_harrypotter_covent_garden_travel_guide_united_kingdon_michele_mattos_primark


Platform 9 3/4 | 

letmecrossover_london_eye_harrypotter_covent_garden_travel_guide_united_kingdon_michele_mattos_primark

If you're a HUGE Harry Potter fan like you're not only awesome but you understand that going there and taking this photo is a must. The platform is located at the King's Cross Station and the guy even let's you pick which scarf you want for the picture.. I chose Gryffindor of course. Expect some lines because it's usually a little crowded there, but nothing major. 

They also have right next to it a little store where you can buy wands and all that beautiful stuff from the movies.. just like in the Harry Potter World at Universal in Orlando. 


letmecrossover_london_eye_harrypotter_covent_garden_travel_guide_united_kingdon_michele_mattos_primark


letmecrossover_london_eye_harrypotter_covent_garden_travel_guide_united_kingdon_michele_mattos_primark

More information here

M&M Store |

letmecrossover_london_eye_harrypotter_covent_garden_travel_guide_united_kingdon_michele_mattos_primark

This is not a must see but again if you're in London for an extended amount of time it could be a fun place to visit and it's so pretty. The store is HUGE, it has 3 floors and needless to say it sells every M&M flavor you desire. Even if you're not buying anything I think it's worth the visit just for the pictures. 


letmecrossover_london_eye_harrypotter_covent_garden_travel_guide_united_kingdon_michele_mattos_primark

More information here !

So that's it for this post. If I keep writing I'm gonna finish with a little tour guide and I don't think anyone will get to the end so I decided to divide this in 3 posts. In Part II I'm gonna finish with all the important places to visit and in Part III I'm gonna share other bits of the trip and my overall thoughts about the city. 

 Have you ever been to London ? Would you like to go ? 
Do you enjoy this kind of posts ?

And if you live in London (you lucky human !) please let me know on the comments and share some places I forgot to mention or didn't visit to help out the future travelers out there. 

Please keep in mind that these posts are supposed to be about my experience in the cities and I'm not a travel guide. So if I don't mention something that you think it's important I highly encourage you to participate in the discussion on the comments and leave all your thoughts and tips. 


If you made it to end you're awesome ! 

Thank you so much for reading and I'll see you on Part II


letmecrossover_london_eye_harrypotter_covent_garden_travel_guide_united_kingdon_michele_mattos_primark

8 comments:

  1. London is such an amazing city! I loved everything, except the weather lol. The people were amazing as well. I've been there twice and I can't wait to get back. I regret not going to Primark. I couldn't find it and I had loads of other things planned. But I wanted to visit it so badly! Great post!

    HMLovur

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janneke ! London is pretty amazing.. And I totally get you, on trips we want to do everything but unfortunately we can't. But it's actually a good thing, you need leave some things for the next trip, if not you don't have any excuse to come back !

      I'm soo happy you enjoyed the post ! :)

      Delete
  2. It looks like an amazing trip! I’ve nominated you for one lovely blog award-
    www.mylattedays.com

    Love Sally :-) Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Sally ! I really had a lot of fun ! :)
      Thanks so much for the nomination.. I'm gonna check it out now !

      Delete
  3. I made it to the end! ahaha not like it was hard! That was an awesome post and omg I was so jealous when I saw you checking out all those Harry Potter places! I love your blog and followed and it would be amazing if you followed back x

    http://fashionandbeautytalkz.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Meg ! Thanks so much for stopping by, for all the compliments and for showing your support following ! I'll definitely check out your blog ! :)

      Come back soon !

      Delete
  4. Hey frieeeend ! Amazing post about this amazing city <3
    I was missing your blog...
    Love you, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm missing yoooou in my lifeeeeee ! :) And I'm also missing London !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...