pages

October 2, 2014

Products I've Used Up | EMPTIES.

Am I the only around here that feels weirdly proud about finishing a product ?

I just having that feeling that I got my money's worth and finished a product from the beginning to the end. And that way I also justify getting more products. These products I've been collecting for more or less two months, since the last empties post I did. I like doing this posts because I'm able to give a more in depth review and also because I can combine them all together in one post (I don't really like doing reviews of only just product)

So if you feel like looking through my "beauty trash", let's do this !

letmecrossover_beauty_empties_aussie_veet_lipbalm_travel_blog_blogger

1. Aussie's Shampoo

My addiction to Aussie's products began with the 3 Minute Miracle (favorite deep conditioner) and it never stopped. Every product I try I love this brand even more and the shampoo was no exception. 

I usually don't see a lot of difference when I change shampoo but I really felt with this one. It made my hair look more healthy and shinny. And the scent is A M A Z I N G, I don't really know how to describe it but I definitely smell some coconut in there ..

2. MINESOL Actif Unify FPS 60

I got all those three little samples for free because a friend of my sister is a dermatologist and they were about to expire so she gave them us. I really enjoyed this one because of the high FPS. Living in city where it's always sunny has its down sides.. and getting dark spots on your face is one of them. So to avoid that I was using this everyday underneath my makeup and it worked pretty well. It doesn't make you oily or messes with your makeup and it smells like your regular sunscreen. 

3. La Roche-Posay HelioBlock SPF 60

This one was my favorite. The FPS is high and it gives you a little bit of color, evening out your face and prepping it for the makeup. When I had this underneath I could just use my MAC's Studio Fix Powder and go.. no need for foundation, which is always a plus for me. And I would definitely purchase the full size, I'm just waiting until December so I can buy it in Europe where it's cheaper.

4. La Roche-Posay HelioBlock SPF 40

Pretty much the same as the previous one only with a lower SPF. 

5. Veet Waxing Strips

I always stock up on these and I use for waxing the "mustache area" and it works wonders. It takes all the hairs and it's cheaper than getting it waxed elsewhere. With this you can do it in the comfort of your home and you don't have to walk down the street with a red inflamed upper lip. 

And about the pain.. you just get used to it. When I wasn't brave enough to pull the strips by myself I would just ask my mom or sister to do it for me until I got used to the idea.

letmecrossover_beauty_empties_aussie_veet_lipbalm_travel_blog_blogger

6. Cetaphil Daily Face Moisturizer SPF 15

I have about 10 of these samples which are great for traveling. I love most of the Cetaphil products so I wasn't surprised when I liked this one too. It's very moisturizing so if you have oily skin I would pick a different one. And another complain that I have is the SPF, I know it's only a daily moisturizer but I prefer a higher SPF. But if you don't have the "sunny everyday problem" I would recommend you try it. And plus.. it's pretty cheap if you compare with some of the others moisturizers out there. 

7. CH perfume 

I'm so sad to see this one go. It's my second bottle and I'm already thinking about buying a new one. I love this scent.. it just smells like sophistication to me. 

I'm gonna tell you guys a secret but you can't judge me, ok ? I buy perfumes based on the commercial. Basically if I don't like the commercial.. I'm not even going to try it at the store.. yes, I know it's weird. But the commercial of this one is really really cool. 



8. Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2 

I got this at a set along with the moisturizer and I have to say I'm really unimpressed with both. I was expecting something awesome and in my opinion it was only an ok tonner. Comparable with the ones that I get at the drugstore from Clean and Clear.. so I think I'm sticking with Clean and Clear for now.

9. Garnier bi-O Protection 5

Now that I'm writing the post I have no idea why I decided to mention deodorant in an empties post. I don't have a lot to talk about it.. it's just deodorant.. nothing special. 

10. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion 

I've mentioned this on my Products I Regret Buying post and totally regret buying it. It's not very moisturizing (dramatically different ?? Really, clinique ??). In my opinion it's not worthy to spend your money on it. It's just an ok moisturizer but since I payed that much money I was expecting something dramatically different, which I didn't get

letmecrossover_beauty_empties_aussie_veet_lipbalm_travel_blog_blogger

11. Avon Ideal Face Concealer 


I have to say that this product was a nice surprise. It was creamy, nice coverage and it blended well one my skin. But I have to say that it will crease if you do not set it with powder. Overall, it's my go to concealer when I'm doing my makeup in the morning and I already have 2 backups. 

12. Avon Nail Expert Top Coat  

Love love love this. It makes my nail polish last up to a week and it's so shinny. It doesn't run out very quickly and it won't dry on you which is always a plus. 

13. Avon Super Extend Extreme Waterproof Mascara

I also love love love this. It's a great mascara and I think not a lot of people know about it. I really like the brush and the formula too. It gave my lashes volume AND length and it held them up all they long. 

Have you tried any of the products ? Did you enjoy the post ? 
Do you also feel proud of yourself when you finish a product ?

Let me know on the comments, I really love hearing from you guys. 

So this are my empties. I hope you enjoyed it and that the "reviews" were at least a little helpful. Thanks so much for reading and I hope to see you soon !

letmecrossover_beauty_empties_aussie_veet_lipbalm_travel_blog_blogger



8 comments:

  1. I've been looking for a good waxing strip! I need them for my upper lip as well. Would you recommend any of their "in power" products to other areas of the body?

    I have another question! What about pour strips? Do you use them?

    - Shanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Shanna !

      I've had bad experiences using these waxing strips in the bikini area and eyebrows because my skin there is very sensitive but they work wonders for the upper lip, super quick and easy. I really enjoy them for that and for the legs to if you prefer waxing in that area.

      And about the other question I think you mean "pore strips", right ? I bought some for the nose area (the bioree brand) but to clean the pores. I don't think they work for waxing and they also don't do a very great job cleaning the pores either !

      I hope I answered your questions and if you have any other let me know ! :)

      Delete
  2. I have not tried that Aussie shampoo but thank you for the recommendation, will pick it up if I see it.

    Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Shireen ! :)

      Thanks for stopping by !

      Delete
  3. Lovely post! I love your detailed descriptions! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Avon products, they're so good!!

    http://amyscornerblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Amy ! And I think a lot of people forget about them ! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...