pages

November 3, 2014

8 Things You'll Not See Me Wear.

Usually bloggers share the trends that they're loving and outfit of the days (something that I love doing) but today I thought it'd be fun to share some crazy trends and products that you'll definitely not see me sporting around town. If you wear any of the items I've mentioned please do not feel offended, I'm only sharing things that don't work for me but in case they work for you and you feel comfortable wearing more power to you. 

Thats the beauty of fashion, we choose what we like and wear what works for us. I hope you guys find this funny and have a good laugh with me. 


// The Choker //

letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_fashion_trends_looks_outfit_choker

I didn't use this in the 90's while I was growing up and I'm definitely not wearing it now. I just feel like it's a kids thing.. I don't really know why I don't like it but it just doesn't fit my style. And I'm not only talking about that black one, I also can't stand those that you tie around your neck. 

Another thing that adds to that aversion of chokers is the fact that I'm extremely sensible around the neck, I can't even where turtleneck shirts. Just thinking about it gives me goosebumps.


// Silicone Back Bra // 

letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_fashion_trends_looks_outfit_choker_backless_bra

I just can't stand it and I feel like it completely ruins your outfit. And also, backless dresses or shirts are supposed to be sexy and there's nothing sexy about that silicone string crossing your back. I know that some people (like me) cannot let the puppies free when their are out and about but you can always go for those bras that glue to your skin or find a very cute lacy bra and make it part of your look. 


// Acrylic Heels // 

letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_fashion_trends_looks_outfit_choker_backless_bra_acrylic_heels

To me they just look cheap and tacky. I cannot think of any outfit in which that would look good or attractive. And if you're looking for shoes that go with anything you can always try black or nude shoes, no need for acrylic. They're a big NO NO on my book but if you're happy wearing them go for it.. Happiness is waaay more important and fashion.  

// Sarouel/Harem Pants //

letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_fashion_trends_looks_outfit_choker_backless_bra_acrylic_heels_harem_sarouel_pants

This is a complete personal issue of mine, I think I look ridiculous on me but I see some people who can totally rock them and look incredibly stylish. But then again, you need to know how to wear it. I also don't think that man look go wearing them, it just doesn't look right to me. Do you hear that, Justin Bieber ? 


// Crocs //


Unless you're an adorable kid or an old lady gardening you have no business wearing Crocs. To be honest I have no idea why these shoes were created and I have to say that I'm not a big fan. They're simply ugly. 

// White Leggings //


No, no, no. This is again a personal preference but I don't feel like white leggings work for anyone. The material is already so thin and if you make it in a color that makes it difficult to ride imperfections, like white, you have a recipe for disaster. Another thing related to leggings that drive me crazy are people who don't cover their butts.. they're not pants, guys !  

// Fishnet Socks // 

Unless it's for a costume or in the bedroom (not in my bedroom) I don't see how this could be appropriate at any occasion. In my opinion they're a little bit vulgar and too revealing. I don't know.. It just does not work for me and I don't think it should work for anyone else. 

What do you think about those items ?


These are the things that you will never, ever, ever, ever ("getting back together..") see me wear. I hope you guys enjoyed this post or at least found it funny. This wasn't meant to offend anyone and as I said before if you wear any of these things and they work for you, you go girl ! Because at the end of the day, who am I to tell you what to wear ?


Thank you for stopping by and I'll see you on the next one !
letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_fashion_trends_looks_outfit_choker_backless_bra_acrylic_heels_harem_sarouel_pants




14 comments:

  1. Hilarious! I am right there with you! And I could add a few things too.

    XO,
    EE

    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hii, Elise ! I'm happy you found it funny ! :)
      I could add a few more things too..

      Delete
  2. Ah,ah,ah....nice post!!!!! I'm totally agree with you!!! Kisses,
    Eni

    http://eniwherefashion.blogspot.it/
    https://www.facebook.com/eniwherefashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eni ! I'm glad you enjoyed it ! :)

      Delete
  3. Haha what a delightful post! laughed so much ^^
    I'm not against white leggings but I do not like leggings that are skin colored.. urgh..
    especially like you said when they do not cover the butt!

    Z ♥
    http://beautybyz.blogspot.se/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, girl ! They are leggings not pants.. hahahahaa

      Delete
  4. I also dont like the chokers! I didnt wear one in the 90's either and wont anytime soon. I also HATE crocs! ha Great post x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crocs are just horrible ! I don't care how comfortable people say they are I'm not wearing them ! hahahahaha

      Delete
  5. LMAO! Thanks for the laugh and I fully agree with you on all especially choker (1990s called and want t back) and acrylic heels (strippers?!)!

    Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaaha ! You're so right, Shireen. I couldn't agree more ! :)

      Delete
  6. I really enjoy looking through your blog! And this list made me laugh! -xo

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete