pages

November 16, 2014

Book TAG : Reader Problems.

Since school has been pretty crazy these past few weeks because it's the end of the semester around here and also because I'm horrible at time management (and great at procrastination so I let everything to the last minute), I've been having pretty much zero time for recreational reading and I really really miss it.
letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_book_reading_tag_books_best_2014_2013
But my heel period is almost done and after this week I'll have plenty of time to do pretty much whatever I want ( Vacation, come to mama !) and that includes a lot of reading, but not the boring International Commerce reading I've been doing lately. So in honor to that and also because I NEED a break way from those ugly books I decided to do this TAG today. 

I saw it at the Katytastic Youtube channel and I thought it was a really cool TAG to bring back the joy of reading in my life.. Oow that was deep ! I'd tell you to go check out her channel but I need to warn you first that as soon as you start watching your videos you're gonna want to read everything.. Seriously all the books she talks about I want to read. 


THE QUESTIONS 


1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?

I don't usually have 20.000 books on my to be read pile but when I have more then 5 books around the house that I want read I go with my mood and pick a book according to it, because when I'm in the mood for the book I can read it in pretty much two to three days. But when I'm not in the mood for anything specific I just for the oldest book I've bought. 

2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?


I'm 100% committed. I HATE giving up on books in the middle because even if the story is horrible like "The Coldest Girl in Cold Town" (worst vampire book in the world) I just need to know how it finishes and also it makes me feel good when I finish a book, like a mission accomplished kinda feeling. 

3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?


Of course ! I'm fighter guys and even if I don't have challenge going on (ops !) I will still fight. 

4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?


To be honest, I don't really care. I buy the books for reading and to be honest I don't really like physical books because they take up too much space that I don't have.. I leave in apartment guys

5. Every one and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?


I'm just gonna come out and say it : I hated Fifty Shades Of Grey and I'm not even remotely excited about the book. I think it's overall mediocre with lots and lots of sex episodes and that why women love it. I don't really care if a book has a sex scenes or not but I think that that book is just too much. 

Doesn't really answer the question but it had to be said !

6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. 
How do you deal?


I cry and if people start looking at me in a wierd way I just ignore it. My boyfriend actually made a huge deal about me crying crying in public while I was reading "I am Malala" but it was just so sad that I couldn't keep it in. Right in the introduction she describes how she got shot and tears were unstoppable.. I love that girl !

7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!?


I hardly ever re-read books. I don't really know why I just never do it so in that case I would read simply read the sequel and see how things work. Not a big deal to me, guys !

8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?


I'm not very good with being polite in those kinds of situation. When I don't want to go somewhere or do something I just say no. I once read it somewhere that life is too short to spend it doing things we don't want to. 

9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?


That question doesn't really make sense on my universe so we're just moving along. 
letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_book_reading_tag_books_best_2014_2013
10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?


If we're being 100% honest here I don't usually buy books. I'll try to find a pdf version in some dark corner of the internet but if I don't find  it or I just can't wait to read the book then I will buy it. Like when Catching Fire came out and I couldn't even wait to go to the bookstore, I just bought it on my Kindle (best reading device in the entire world).

11. After you've bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?


Everything depends. If I'm in the middle of exams week sit will take me a long long long time get to them, but if I'm on vacation I will start reading the second I arrive home. 

I know this TAG was a little random but I really enjoyed writing it and coming up with the answers so if you guys want to do it please consider yourself and let me know if you do. 

Thank you so much for stopping by ! 

letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_book_reading_tag_books_best_2014_2013





5 comments:

  1. I'm with you on 50 Shades of Lameness, it's sooooo badly written and cringeworthy that I have zero idea how it can be such a huge hit. I love reading and used to have a whole cupboard filled with books but time is now a luxury that I couldn't afford. :-(

    Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm laughing so much right now with 50 Shades od Lameness ! hahahaaha But I completely agree with you.

      Delete
  2. Girlmore girls is my fave TV show ever! And you're absolutely right about 50 Shades of Grey, OMG what a lousy book series but like you when I'm commited I need to read them till the end so I wasted a whole week of my life reading that garbage. As for the Kindle being the best, I don't think so :) My Sony eReader has been my best companion for many many years. I'm trying to get to read 52 books by the end of the year and I'm pretty sure I'll make it but let me tell you, never again, it's just too much. Loved reading your post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of the Sony eReader but I'll definitely go check it out now, thanks for the tip ! :) I'm not a big fan of reading challenges because it's just too much extra pressure for a life that already has a lot of stress, but I'm happy that you are going to finish yours.. Congrats ! :)

      Delete
  3. I started reading 50 Shades when it was first out...literally it was being passed around all the people at work. Ha ha! I actually couldn't finish it. And I actually do read lots of books with naughty parts in them, this book was just horribly written. I also usually try to push through books that I hate because I want to know how they finish, but I just couldn't with that one.
    :) Alice

    ReplyDelete