pages

November 7, 2014

Can I Link My Blog On The Comments ?

letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_blogging_link
Should I link my blog ? Can I link my blog ? Is this rude ? 
Do people even notice it ? Do I sound desperate if I do ? 


I don't know about you guys but ever since I started blogging these questions have been going through my mind and I honestly can't seem to find a good answer for them. So today I decided to share my my thoughts on this issue in the hopes that you'll also share yours and we can start a conversation about this, sounds good ? 

I know a lot of people feel like linking your blog on the comments of another blog is rude and annoying. I totally get why some people would think that way even if I don't share the same opinion. Bloggers work really hard to put out good content and to build an audience, so seeing someone take a "free ride" and advertising their own platform on theirs feels a little like cheating or like you don't even care about what they're writing and are just looking for more publicity to your page. 

But the way I see it linking up your blog is not a bad thing. One of the main reasons why I started blogging and the thing I most enjoy about it is connecting with different people and discovering new blogs and when you link your blog on the comments it just makes my life easier. 

I know a lot of people may use do this as a kind of spam. They just write a random comment and "copy and paste" in a series of blogs just for the publicity or spread it every where the infamous "follow for follow" words. To me that's just bullshit. If a person follows me (Twitter, Facebook, GFC or any other social media) the only thing I can promise is that I will check your page back for sure, because in my mind that's the polite thing to do. But I don't feel like I owe you a "follow" too.

In my head putting your blog link when you comment somewhere just says : Heey, I also have blog and you can click here if you want to check it out. So if you're also doing it with that mindset you can feel free to put a link to your blog whenever you feel like commenting around here. 

But if you're doing this solely for the purpose of getting more readers or "follows" I have bad news for you. This is probably not the best way to advertise your blog and I don't think you'll get much readers with that strategy. If you do this in a bad way you'll probably annoy more people than you'll attract and nobody likes annoying people.  


Does it bother you when people link their blog on the comments ? 
Do you do it ? How do you feel about this ?

Please leave me your thoughts on the comments 
and also don't hesitate to link you blog ! :)

Thanks so much for reading and I'll see you on the next one.

letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_blogging_link







13 comments:

  1. Hmm - I don't mind it, but if you link your blog/your bloglovin/your twitter and everything else it can get too much and to be honest, i'll treat it as spam because it seems more about you getting yourself out there than commenting because you want to share/say something on my post. Plus if you have your commenting account set up I can just click on your name and it'll take me as a blogger to where I can find you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a point, Rachel ! I see that happening a lot and some times it just pisses me off too !

      Delete
  2. like you say, the people who copy and paste and leave a link to just promote is rude but i think it's great to leave a link when you're genuinely commenting on someone's post because you like it or have something to say, easier for me to find them and say thanks! i often click on a lot of links in the comments if i see their reply so it's useful x

    // The Dress Diaries cheeky link ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Lea ! We're pretty much on the same page about this !

      Delete
  3. I always leave my blog link on all my comments, I personally don't see it as a spam and I love it when others leave their link when they comment on my blog post. It's an amazing way for me to discover other blogs and I love it! But yes, I hate it when people just C&P a generic comment. I actually saw someone commented "Great post, I like it!" on a post about an unfortunate event. I honestly cringe!

    Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's kind of weird hahahaha ! This is one of the situations where I just ignore.

      Delete
  4. I completely agree. I think linking isn't bad, but if your comment is generic and you haven't actually read their post, then it's just cringeworthy. I do leave my link at the end of every comment, and usually I'll say something like New Follower, because it lets the person know they have one. You're right about blogging being all about connecting, because I know that after reading one amazing post, I can go down into the comments and find many more through these links, and after reading great comments, I like seeing the blog of the person who wrote them.

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right, M ! Thanks for sharing your opinion and I completely agree with what you said ! :)

      Delete
  5. I really don't mind when people leave a link, in fact I prefer that they would as I love finding new blogs and, possible, learning new things. I guess asking for a follow can be a bit cheeky but, in my eyes it's okay.Great post by the way! x

    dalirae.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always put my link at the end of a comment but I think that it's important to keep it discreet. I don't like it when people link all their social media pages at the end of comments and it takes half a page and their comment just said "amazing post"
    We always know fake comments !
    I do put my link at the end because I know I like to check out the blogs of people who comment on mine and it makes it a lot easier ! And if it gets me more visitors then great.

    Feathers and Brushes | Swiss | Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Macha ! We ALWAYS know fake comments ! hahhhaa

      Delete
  7. I agree with all of the commenters - this is a great post, too. Thank you for giving your opinion. When I started blogging and commenting, I felt that linking may be annoying, but why blog if you're not going to have readers? I also have found other bloggers this way - a lot of times when I comment on something, I check out the blogs of the other commenters. One of my favorite things about blogging is all of the amazing women that are out there who share their lives and thoughts and opinions. It's pretty empowering and supportive, ya know?

    Thanks again for sharing!

    - Sarah :)
    www.thecrownbijoux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is empowering ! Nowadays with the internet we get some many outlets to create and to share our thoughts and to me it's amazing when someone puts it to good use. Meeting new bloggers is by far one of the best things about blogging ! :)

      Thank you for sharing your opinion, Sarah !

      Delete