pages

November 14, 2014

Online Selling.

I don't know about you guys but the Holidays are rolling in and I could not be more excited about it. Not that I'm doing anything exciting for Christmas but just the fact that all the family gets together and no one has to work always puts me in a good mood.

Another thing that gets me even more excited are the presents. This year we are bringing back the "gift-giving" tradition and actually buying gifts for each other. I say bringing the tradition back because as we (me and my sister) got older the millions of barbies and toys slowly became little envelopes filled with money so we could by ourselves whatever we wanted. 

I'm not complaining (who can complain about receiving money, right ?) but I do miss the presents under the Christmas Tree, the wrapping and the wondering what we got. But I know that getting gifts for everybody can get a little expensive, so I thought I'd share here today some cool ways to turn your used items that are just taking up space around the house and turn it into money so you can get yourself, family members or friends some cool new gifts. 



I've just found out about this website from a friend of mine and I loved it. You can swap, sell or buy pre-used clothes there and from what I saw they have some really cool items with a very low price.. I know this post is about selling but maybe something there catches your eyes and you end up buying too. 



I'm putting these two together because they're very similar and I believe everyone has already heard about selling things there. It's pretty self-explanatory.. You just create your selling account, set up your payment method and start posting items. 


This website has a very interesting process. From what I understood (and if I got it wrong please correct me on the comments) you sell the clothes to them and they resell it on their website.. you don't go to the website and post the clothes you want. You just go on their website, order the CleanUp Bag, you stuff it with everything you'd like to sell and then you send it to them. 


They will decided what they want to accept and the rest they will donate to charity, or you can choose a program where you pay a certain fee so they'll email everything they want back to you. Pretty much an online consignment store if you ask me ! 




I've heard about this on from Arlyne Sanjines, she has an amazing beauty/fashion channel and you guys should totally go check it out.. She talked about it so much that I decided to see what that was all about. I believe it's an app but I can't check their website because it's online available in the United States. But for you all lucky americans maybe its worthy to take a quick look and see if that interests you. 

Do you have other places to recommend ? 
Have you used any of the websites mentioned ?

These are the best/trust worthy websites that I found if you'd like to do some online selling. You can always go to a local consignment store if you don't want to deal with the whole only hustle. I just want you guys to know that I've never used them myself, they were all recommend to me so if you want to use any of them I highly suggest reading the Terms of Agreement and bla bla bla.. I know nobody reads it but sometimes it can save you a lot of trouble, specially when you're dealing with money. 



Thank you so much for reading and I'll see you on the next one !




10 comments:

  1. Vinted and Thred Up seem like they are just online versions of a consignment shop, which is really cool I think! This is a good idea. Great post, Michele!
    :) Alice
    www.alicemanfrida.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alice ! I thought that they were very cool and that even though I was not using it at the moment it could be useful for others ! :)

      Delete
  2. Actually, I myself am selling some stuff around the house on eBay to save up for a Black Friday camera! ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's soo cool, girl ! I would love to know how is that working out for you and if you've got some tips for us ! :)

      Delete
  3. You always provide the best links, love this and thank you so much, very helpful to me!

    Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shireen ! I'm glad I could be of help ! :)

      Delete
  4. Such a great idea for the holidays! I will deff have to look into these :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! After come back and tell me what you think ! :)

      Delete
  5. Wow, such a nice post, dear. ;-)
    Wish you a wonderful new week...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you know that you can create short links with AdFocus and make cash from every click on your shortened links.

    ReplyDelete