pages

November 26, 2014

Products I've Used Up | Empties.

Let_me_cross_over_blog_michele_mattos_empties_beauty
I don't know about you guys but Empties posts make me happy. I just love writing them, reading them and also that accomplishment feeling I get when I finish a product. I know.. I'm weird !

And I also, I'm gonna lie this month's empties are pretty exciting 'cause I've finished up some makeup products and some hair stuff that I was just dying to finish so I could buy new ones. Since I have a small problem with hoarding makeup/skincare/hair products (bloggers problems) I've decided to implement a rule in my life : One in, One out. And that means that if I want to buy a new lipstick for example I need to finish one or give it away, usually, to my mom or my sister. 

I know it's a little extreme and I don't know how long this is going to last but things were getting a little out of control around here. The good part is that it gets me using beauty products more often and also makes me rediscover somethings that were forgotten in the bottom of my draws. 

Let's get to the emptieeees !

Let_me_cross_over_blog_michele_mattos_empties_beauty_clean_clear_the_body_shop_neutrogena_avon_makeup_remover

1. Clean & Clear's Spot Treatment

I'm usually very skeptical about this spot treatments. But once I was traveling with my sister (I think we were in Barcelona) I got a huge pimple on my nose and it looked ridiculous so I had to at least give it try and it kind of worked. It didn't clear out my skin completely in the time it claims to do but it really helped with the redness and the swollen. 

Get it here !

2. Avon's Renew Eyeshadow

I think I've had this eyeshadow for more or less 5 years. I've hated it ever since I bought it but I don't know why I just couldn't throw it out. I t just didn't work at all. It's supposed to be a creamy eyeshadow base but it clumps like crazy, even with the powder shadow on top so I just gave up one it.   

3. Neutrogena's Eye Makeup Remover

I feel like everyone has this makeup remover and for a reason. It's cheap, removes makeup very well and it seems like it lasts forever. It probably took me one year to finish this little bottle and I used it pretty much everyday. I love it and I already have another one in use and a backup. 

Get it here !

4. The Body Shop's Vitamin E Cream Cleanser

Another staple in my makeup cabinets. This makeup remover is also great and I would highly recommend it to anyone. It's a little bit more expensive that the Neutrogena, removes all your makeup, I really enjoyed the scent and when it doesn't sting the eyes which is always a plus for me since I have very sensitive skin around the eyes. If you prefer creamy makeup removers this is the one to go. 

Get it here !


Let_me_cross_over_blog_michele_mattos_empties_beauty_clean_clear_the_body_shop_neutrogena_avon_makeup_remover_aussie_shampoo_elf_revlon_cetaphil_eyebrow

5. Cetaphil's Daily Moisturizer SPF 15

I'm still working on the samples a friend of my sister gave to us but this product is AMAZING. I love all Cetaphil products and I would recommend it to everyone because I feel like it works for all skin types, specially if you suffer from dry skin. This moisturizer is great because it only moisturizer your face but it protects it and it works great with makeup.. It makes your face less powdery and it gives a little more glow. It's a little bit on the pricier side but to me it's completely worthy, as soon as I'm done with the samples I'm going full size.  

Get it here

6. Revlon's Lip Butter in Cotton Candy

I love the formula of these but this color was not my favorite. It had a little bit of glitter and it just didn't suit my skin tone. I made it work with some lip gloss and it turned out as a great everyday lip combo. I wouldn't repurchase this color in particular again but as I said before I love this formula and I love the other colors that I have, specially Peach Parfait

Get it here

7. Elf's Eyebrow Kit in Medium

This is literally the only brow product I need in my life and I love this to pieces. It's super inexpensive (specially when you compare it to others), the colors matches my brows perfectly, I love the consistency of the waxy part and I even use the powder that it comes with as an eyeshadow. This is the first one that I've finished but I already have 2 backups in my makeup draw. 

Get it here

8. Avon's Lotus Shield Anti-Frizz Treatment

This thing is a life saver. I know it's not supposed to make your hair straight but that's what happens to mine (I have a slightly wavy hair), it seriously looks like I just got my hair blown out in a salon. 

Get it here or here !

9. Aussie's Moist Conditioner

I don't know what was going on in my mind when I thought that buying almost 1L of conditioner was a good idea but I actually really like this conditioner, it just took forever to finish. It leaves your hair smelling amazing and shiny. Nothing incredible but an over all 4 starts in my book and I will buy it again eventually.

Get it here !



Let_me_cross_over_blog_michele_mattos_empties_beauty_clean_clear_the_body_shop_neutrogena_avon_makeup_remover_aussie_shampoo_elf_revlon_cetaphil_eyebrow

10. L'Oreal Ever Strong Hair Mask

My sister was the one who bought this mask but when she left it here when she moved out so I starting to use just because it kept looking at me in the shower and taking up space. I didn't follow the instructions, I just mixed it with my everyday conditioner and it worked pretty well with my hair. It smells great and it really helped with my dry ends. I would highly recommend it if you have bleached hair (I bleached my ends to do some Ombree) and I would definitely repurchase it, I just have to go through all the other hair masks that are collecting water in my shower.

Get it here !

11. Avon's Kohl Eyeliner (old packaging)

I love Avon's products but this one was just awful. It was dry and I could get it to work on my eyes. I'm no makeup expert but I thought Kohl Eyeliners were supposed to be smooth and smokey. 

12. Sally Hansen's Lip Inflation Lip Gloss 

I love everything about this lip gloss. It has a great staying power, it gives that cool and tingling sensation on the lips and it comes in a lot of shades. This one that I finished it not my favorite but I overall enjoyed using it. 

Get my favorite shade here ! 

13. Avon's Eyeliner in Black 

I hated this one. I think this eyeliner is from the cheaper line Avon makes, because I have a different one that I absolutely love so I think I got confused when I was buying this one. 

14. Victoria's Secret So Sexy Nourish Shampoo

I don't see a lot of bloggers talking about Victoria's Secret products and it's such a shame because I really like them, specially the hair stuff. Every time I use this it looks like I just got out of the salon and it smells wonderful. I know it's a little bit expensive but to me it's worthy and I just use it on special occasions, not everyday because unfortunately I'm not rich yet. 

 What are your recent empties ?
If you've done a recent empties post please link it in 
the comments because I love reading them.

I hope you're all having an amazing day and thank you so much for stopping by.

Let_me_cross_over_blog_michele_mattos_empties_beauty_clean_clear_the_body_shop_neutrogena_avon_makeup_remover_aussie_shampoo_elf_revlon_cetaphil_eyebrow_victorias_secret

7 comments:

  1. This Vitamin E Cream Cleanser sounds so good! I have not tried this yet only the mist from this Vitamin E line, which I like.
    But I'll try this when Ive used up my current cleanser ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uuuh, I didn't know they made a vitamin E mist, that sounds good ! Thanks for the tip ! :)

      Delete
  2. Sooooo many empties, you go girl! I agree with elf eyebrow kit, that thing is fabulous. I also need to try TBS Vitamin E cleanser, it sounds amazing!

    Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really trying to go through all my half used products so I can buy more now with holidays discounts ! :)

      Delete
  3. I run through that Neutrogena eye makeup remover like it's my job. It's so good for getting off waterproof mascara.
    :) Alice
    www.alicemanfrida.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with you ! That thing is amazing and so inexpensive ! :)

      Delete