pages

December 20, 2014

5 Reasons To Start Blogging.

let_me_cross_over_blog_michele_reasons_to_start_a_blog_blogging_tips
I don't know if I said this before but it took me almost an entire year to write my first post. Blogging is something that I've always wanted to do and boyfriend was actually the one who gave me the final push and basically told me to grow some balls and just do it and I'm really happy he did. Having this blog has been one of the best experiences of my life simply because I get to sit here in my computer, write about the things that I like and talk with other people from all over the world who also enjoy the same things.

So today I decided to make this post to hopefully give some of you guys the final push you might need to finally cross off Start a Blog from your New Years resolutions list and start the new year on a positive note.
let_me_cross_over_blog_michele_reasons_to_start_a_blog_blogging_tips
A Place To Share Your Thoughts/Talent/Experiences.

A blog can be used for countless reasons. If you're a talented makeup artist, a designer,a writer or an architect you can use it to show you're skills and your work. If you're very passionate about something (like traveling, cars or fashion) you can use it as platform to discuss the things that make you happy. Or if you're a person like me with apparently a lot of free time in your hands and you just want a place to share your experiences, thoughts and everything that you enjoy doing blogging is the way to go. 

Blogging has no rules or guidelines you should follow. It's basically you're own little corner of the internet where you can talk about everything and anything. But having said that I would strongly encourage you to write about good and positive things because we already have a lot of negativity going around the online community.  
let_me_cross_over_blog_michele_reasons_to_start_a_blog_blogging_tips_number_two
 Meet People With The Same Interests.

I know that meeting people online can be a little sketchy and weird for a lot of reasons but mainly because you're never quite sure with who you're talking to since the internet gives us the option to basically create a new identity when we go online. But with blogging I think you're gonna have a different experience because your passion and interests are what will bring you close to other people. 

Let's use my blog for instance. I write mostly about traveling, beauty and fashion so if you happen to stumble across my blog it's probably because you're also interested in these topics and if you decide to leave a comment (YEEY !) or look me up on social media we're gonna start to connect and talk about things that interests both of us which will be awesome.  
let_me_cross_over_blog_michele_reasons_to_start_a_blog_blogging_tips_number_three
 Encourages You To Try New Things.

I don't if this also happens with you guys so if you're also a blogger please let me know on the comments but sometimes I make new things just for the sake of having good pictures or good content for the blog. Blogging has made me try out new recipes, go to different places to take pictures for OOTD, try out new fashion trends and read new books. Anything that encourages me to try out new things is always a plus on my list, it makes life more fun. 
let_me_cross_over_blog_michele_reasons_to_start_a_blog_blogging_tips_number_four
 Creative Outlet.

I study International Relations which doesn't allow me to be very creative other than when I'm making a PowerPoint presentation so having this little space where I get to create things pretty much from scratch is really cool. Everything that you see around here was created by me (expect the social media icons) and maybe that's why it doesn't look very professional but being professional is not really a goal of mine. 

I really enjoy creating a new template, mixing up different colors, learning a little bit about coding, making different tabs and changing this up every now and then. Nowadays we can find all the information you need with Professor Google which makes things a little easier on the non professional bloggers like me.   
let_me_cross_over_blog_michele_reasons_to_start_a_blog_blogging_tips_number_five
New Opportunities.

I don't think I need to tell you that blogging can open a lot of opportunities because you probably already know but in case you didn't know I'm here to tell you that it can. But you need to keep in mind that it takes time.. a lot of time. And that's why I think you should only start/keep blogging if you really enjoy it not because you may or may not get noticed by a big company or sent free products. Chances are that you'll be blogging for your own amusement for while until people start noticing you. Not everybody can be the next internet phenomenon like Zoella but if you stick around someone might notice you and if she made it to the top why not you ?

Do you have any advice for someone starting a blog ? 
Why did you start your blog ?

Thank you so much for reading and I'll see you on the next one !


let_me_cross_over_blog_michele_reasons_to_start_a_blog_blogging_tips_number_five_christmas_decorations

10 comments:

  1. Love this post! These are the reasons I started blogging over a year ago. Still not regretting my choice, though sometimes I think it's hard to find inspiration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it gets hard but you just need to keep going, Janneke ! I'm also very happy you started blogging cause I really enjoy your blog ! :)

      Delete
  2. This post is so accurate! I think those 5 tips are very useful and I couldn't agree more :D

    VioletDaffodils
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all great reasons to start a blog! I know having a little corner of the internet to talk about whatever you want and just document the randomest of things you need to share is really appealing. :)

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having my little corner was definitely one of the main reasons I started blogging ! :)

      Delete
  4. Absolutely to all of this! Great post, Michele! I actually started 3 or 4 blogs on different topics on a different account over a few years and then earlier this year I deleted all of that and decided that I should just start one where I can talk about all of the topics that interest me and that I can change whenever I want. So far it seems that this was the best decision.
    :) Alice
    www.alicemanfrida.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alice ! :)
      I didn't know you had multiple blogs before but your blog is great now so I also believe it was the best decision. Having more than one blog to update must be a little overwhelming.

      Delete
  5. Brilliant post! xx
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elizabeth ! :)
      I'm glad you liked it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...