pages

December 23, 2014

5 Things I Dislike About Blogging

As I've said on my previous post, blogging has been a more than amazing experience and I honestly didn't think I was going to like it so much or even have people commenting on my posts and connecting with me trough social media. THANK YOU, amazing people ! 

Having said that I need to point out that blogging is HARD and it takes a lot of time and work to come up with a good idea, write the entire post and also edit pictures. So since I've already shared in a lot of older posts why I love blogging so much and why you should also start your own blog I decided to keep things real over here and tell you guys why blogging sometimes drives me a little bit crazy. 
Let_me_cross_over_michele_mattos_blog_blogger_number_one
| Time |
Let_me_cross_over_michele_mattos_blog_blogger_find_time_make_for_the_things_that_make_you_happy
Source
Seriously guys, when I start writing a post it looks like I went inside a time machine and skipped three or four hours. I literally takes me that much if I'm gonna start a post from scratch and finish it at the same day. Usually, to save time I get the pictures ready the day before and after I do the writing but nonetheless it takes a loooot of time which is something that I don't have a lot of. Even now that I'm on "vacation" I always find myself busy... Today for example I had to work out, organize/clean my room and my closet, finish planning for my next trip, start washing the clothes I plan to take to the trip, finish Christmas shopping and bla bla bla.. 

But just like everything else in life, if you really want to do something you just make time for it.. So here I am, it's 2 am and I'm jamming with TSwift and finishing this post which is going up later in the morning.  

Let_me_cross_over_michele_mattos_blog_blogger_number_two
| Photo Editing |
Let_me_cross_over_michele_mattos_blog_blogger_bauty_and_the_beast_gaston_meme_sorcery_witchcraft_wizardy_magic
Source
Before I discovered PicMonkey I used to see a lot of bloggers and youtubers with all these cute collages in their pages and I used to think : What sorcery is this and where can I learn it ? And as it turned out making cute collages really isn't that hard but editing a picture and making it look professional is not as easy as putting an Instagram filter in it (like a lot of "professional photographers" out there do) and as you can probably realize I didn't learn it yet.

Photoshop is hard and I already tried to learn in all the ways possible. I tried to teach myself 1785 times, I watch youtube tutorials about it, I tried to use my boyfriend as a teacher and nothing worked. I still haven't lost hope yet and will continue to try it but it is freaking hard and if you master that skill you should be very proud of yourself.
Let_me_cross_over_michele_mattos_blog_blogger_number_three
| HTML |
Let_me_cross_over_michele_mattos_blog_blogger_html_hard_meme
Source
If I'm being honest, in high school I used to have Informatics class and the teacher actually taught was a lot about coding and things like that but I got paired with a very smart classmate who loved this things so I didn't have to do much because the girl loved to do all the assignments by herself and actually preferred if I just stayed out of the way and, at the time, I was pretty happy to do so. Well, that was a lesson learned and now I regret it because coding is kinda of hard and I could use all the help that I can get.

I know that nowadays you can pretty much Google everything but sometimes even when I'm able to find the complete code for something on a tutorial and all I have to do is copy and paste it on my template I still menage to do something wrong and it's absolutely frustrating. 

Since I've started Let Me Cross Over in the beginning of the year I've learned a few things here and there but I'm not even close to being at a point where I can say that I know HTML and most of the times this little code kicks my butt. 
Let_me_cross_over_michele_mattos_blog_blogger_number_four
| Rude People |
Let_me_cross_over_michele_mattos_blog_blogger_why_you_gotta_be_so_rude_online_community_internet
Source

I still haven't had to deal with haters here on the blog and I know that this is, unfortunately, quite common on the online community but I've already gotten some rude comments that I've just deleted. This all happened in the past and THANK GOD it didn't get worst and the person leaving those comments either found something better to do or started to enjoy the posts.

The internet provides us the option of hiding ourselves behind an anonymous profile and this way people feel like they can say whatever they want to whomever they want without facing the consequences. When I see people leaving hate comments on other blogs I honestly think it's jealousy because in my head there's no other explanation as to why you would want to bring someone down with your words. When I don't like someone or their behavior in a certain situation I just distance myself and I don't feel the need to scream in their faces that what they're doing seems wrong to me. Everybody has their principals, their opinions, their beliefs and their owns lives to live according to it so if you don't agree just quietly distance yourself. 

Let_me_cross_over_michele_mattos_blog_blogger_number_five
| Promoting Posts |
Let_me_cross_over_michele_mattos_blog_blogger_self_promotion_dummies_social_media_promoting_your_blog
Source
Although I love social media because it's a way of talking with fellow bloggers and all the amazing humans who take time out of their days to read my posts, I always feel weird about promoting the blog on Twitter and Facebook. I don't really know why but self promotion is really awkward.. I know that a lot of people find my blog and my posts this way but to me it just doesn't feel natural. Every time I tweet about a new post I feel like I'm writing: Hey yoo, I wrote a new post ! And I follow a lot of bloggers with smart and catchy tweets about their post and I'm here like: How do you do that ? Can you teach me ?

What are the things YOU dislike about blogging ? 
Have you ever had to deal with haters ?
I'm really curious to know your answers so please let me know on the comments as well as your overall thoughts about blogging.

I want to highlight here that, like I said on the title, this are things that I dislike and that could be easier in this whole experience that I've had with the blog. As I said multiple times, I love blogging, I don't see myself stopping anytime soon and the good parts completely make up for any past troubles that I've had. This post is not supposed to be something negative but just a funny way to show people that blogging is not always rainbows and butterflies.  

Thank you so much for reading.  


Let_me_cross_over_michele_mattos_blog_blogger_signature_christmas_holidays_santa_stockings_red_green

4 comments:

  1. Oh gosh I totally understand. All the time it takes often puts me off posting, and the HTML and photo stuff... ugh why is life so complicated!??

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not alone in this one ! :)

      Delete
  2. OMG I never know what to write on a promotional tweet or on G+ or wherever! I feel like it always comes out awkward so I usually just end up posting the title. Ha ha! Oh well. And you are totally right! HTML frustrations plus squeezing in time to write (even though it's enjoyable it doesn't always make the top of the list) can make it feel like soul-crushing work sometimes. I get what you're saying though. It's still totally fun and worth it!
    ...having a document saved on my desktop called "code shortcuts" that I can copy/paste stuff from, like that clickable link down there, makes things a lot easier! Ha ha!
    :) Alice
    www.alicemanfrida.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with you, Alice ! And I need to get me one of those "code shortcuts" folder on my desktop.. hahaha
      Thanks for the tip ! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...