pages

December 9, 2014

Links I'm Loving.

let_me_cross_over_michele_mattos_blog_blogger_links_im_loving
We're taking a little break from all the Christmas related posts around here and talking about the links I'm loving at the moment. This past few days (While I should have been studying for my finals and finishing up projects..) I've found some really cool and interesting websites that I've been dying to share with you guys but I haven't had the time as I said on my last post. I've been book marking these pages like crazy and they include some challenges and show recommendations. 

But today we are here and we're doing this !


For a couple of weeks now I've been completely obsessed with the show Newsroom. If you haven't watched it yet or you have no idea what's it about I'm here to explain. It's about the News division of a television network, more specifically the team who does the night show and it's awesome. It has a lot of smart comedy, romance, they talk about real events and it has also a ittle bit of action. Since the first episode I was rooting for some the characters and I powered through 3 seasons in one week (Yeap, I do not have a life apperently.) and after I was done I got that finished "a great show depression" and just needed a new reason to wake up in the morning.
let_me_cross_over_michele_mattos_blog_blogger_links_im_loving_the_newsroom_cast_olivia_neal
And that's when I found Suggest A Show. You just go there and type the show you just finished and they'll suggest you shows that you might also like if you enjoyed that one. And in my opinion it was dead on.. I typed The Newsroom and it suggested Veep (which I've already watched and loved), Suits (loooove) and Scandal which is going to be next one on my Watching List so if you guys have watched it already please let me know.


I have a horrible sleeping pattern and I also suffer from some light insomnia which means that I have a very hard time falling sleep and also staying asleep. So during my many consultations with Doctor Google, after several websites telling me I was dying or that I had brain tumor I found this one. It's a little calculator where you put the time you need to wake up and they tell you a couple of hours where you should be going to bed, they also have a option to check if you're feeling sleepy and a very good guide that could help you get a good night's sleep. If you have problems falling asleep maybe you should check it out and see if it helps.. 


A friend of mine sent me this website after I said I've finished The Newsroom and needed another show to get me through the day so she sent me this list as a joke but them I started browsing through the website and found some great lists like the Date Ideas one and 50 Romantic Novels.   


If you haven't watched this video yet you totally should. It shows the beauty standards of every decade from 1910 to 2010 in a model in a couple of minutes. I thought it was so interesting to see in a small frame of time how much what's is considered "beautiful" changes and also how much work it takes to achieve a certain look. It made me think that we really shouldn't get caught up on what's in and just do whatever we like if your hair, makeup, clothes.. 


This website is soooo cool and if you were bitten by the travel bug like me I think you might also really like it. It's really a very simple concept and I have no idea why I'm so excited about it. You just on the website and mark all the countries you've been to, after you do your login and they give you a little map with all the countries marked and you can display it on your blog or another website. I displayed mine on the bottom of the blog so if you'd like to check it out you just have to scroll down. 

What are some links you're loving ? Do you have any show recommendations ?

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you on the next one !

let_me_cross_over_michele_mattos_blog_blogger_links_im_loving_the_newsroom_cast_olivia_neal_fashion_beauty_lipstick_traveling

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...