pages

December 2, 2014

My Favorite Christmas Movies.

Let_me_cross_over_blog_michele_mattos_christmas_movies_holidays
Since today is the first day of December it's now officially acceptable by society to start the Christmas celebration without people getting annoyed, which is something that I really don't get.. Why people get annoyed by Christmas celebrations before December ?  To me not getting excited about Christmas is like not liking puppies or movies.. #pitchperfect 

As I said on my previous post this is my all time FAVORITE and most wonderful time of the year and I could not be more excited. So to quick start the season and get everybody on the Christmas spirit around here (Btw, did you like my new decorations ?) I thought it would be fun to share today my all time favorite movies to watch this season. I feel like I have pretty good taste in movies but if, by any chance, you think my picks are too "chick-flicky" remember one thing : We don't judge on this blog and your more than welcomed to share your thoughts on the comments. 

Let_me_cross_over_blog_michele_mattos_christmas_movies_holidays_how_the_grinch_stole_

I love this movie so much and I should warn you that I'll probably be saying that about all the movies in this little list of mine because they all hold a very special place in my heart. 

I love the history, the characters, the songs and the little rhymes throughout the movie. If you haven't watched it you definitely should and since it's classic I think you watch it even on Youtube for free.


Let_me_cross_over_blog_michele_mattos_christmas_movies_holidays_how_the_grinch_stole_love_actually
"I feel it in my fingers.. I feel it in my toes.. Christmas is all around me"

This movie is just the best, it's hands down my favorite Christmas movie and I cry every single time I watch. It's just perfect.. it has romance, a lot of comedy, drama and Snape (yeeeah, first time I saw Alan Rickman playing another character). The movie follows six families around during the Christmas time and it's perfect. 

Let_me_cross_over_blog_michele_mattos_christmas_movies_holidays_how_the_grinch_stole_love_actually_polar_express

This movie literally warms my heart and even the trailer already got me a little bit emotional. If you haven't watched this one yet you definitely should and I think you can probably find it available online for free too. It has songs, winter, beautiful landscapes, Christmas and Tom Hanks.. Do you need anything else ?

Let_me_cross_over_blog_michele_mattos_christmas_movies_holidays_how_the_grinch_stole_love_actually_polar_express_nightmare_before_christmas

This one tells the story of Jack Skellington, the Pumpkin King of Halloween Town. He's tired of celebrating the same holiday over and over again. On the night of Halloween, Jack, along with his ghost-dog Zero, wanders into the woods where he finds several doorways leading to other holidays. He enters the door with the Christmas tree on it and is transported through a portal to Christmas Town. I think this movie is suitable for Christmas and for Halloween but here in my house we usually watch it on Christmas.

  
Let_me_cross_over_blog_michele_mattos_christmas_movies_holidays_how_the_grinch_stole_love_actually_polar_express_nightmare_before_christmas_carol

This one is a Disney retake on a classic so you just know that it's going to be good. As I think you already figured out by now that I'm not very good at describing movies because I don't want to give it all away if you haven't watched it yet. But this one is just magical and it actually made me cry. It talks about the choices we make in life and how we would do things differently if we had the chance. 

It's amazing and perfect for this time of the year !

Let_me_cross_over_blog_michele_mattos_christmas_movies_holidays_how_the_grinch_stole_love_actually_polar_express_nightmare_before_christmas_carol_edward_scissorhands_mean_girls

I watch Mean Girls pretty much all year round, I think I already watched 2 times this year. It's just so funny and I already know some lines by heart. This one is not a 100% Christmas movie but the Jingle Bell scene is just too good not to share. It think this is the perfect movie to watch in the afternoon while you're cooking your delicious Christmas dinner. 

Let_me_cross_over_blog_michele_mattos_christmas_movies_holidays_how_the_grinch_stole_love_actually_polar_express_nightmare_before_christmas_carol_edward_scissorhands_mean_girls

This movie is SO funny. I discovered it a couple of years ago while I was browsing through tv channels around this time of the year and I loved it since then. 

It's about a couple whose daughter had to spend Christmas away and they decided to skip Christmas all together and go on a cruise. But obviously they run into a lot of trouble. I just love the faces the people in their neighborhood make when they say they are going on a cruise.. Like, WHAT ?

What are your favorite Christmas movies ?
Let me know on the comments 'cause I'd really like to 
know and I'm always in the hunt for new favorites. 

Thank you so much for reading. 
I hope you're all having a great start of the Holiday Season !


13 comments:

  1. I've only watched The Polar Express and I love it! Great movie list here, I will be checking some out as I haven't been watching enough Christmas movies or so my husband said. LOL!

    Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you've only watched Polar Express from that list I think your husband is right ! hahahhaa
      They're all great and I think you're going to really enjoy watching them ! :)

      Delete
  2. I love your choices! I have no idea how I managed to forget The Grinch on my list!
    Megan x
    London Callings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Megan ! The Grinch really is one of my favorites ! :)

      Delete
  3. Polar express is my favorite Christmas movie. Amazing post & would you like
    to follow each other on GFC, Google+ & Bloglovin? Lemme know & lets keep
    in touch!



    X
    http://subhamrai.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the post ! :)

      Delete
    2. Followed you back! :)


      X
      http://subhamrai.blogspot.in/

      Delete
  4. Loved this post !! Your blog looks so cute all christmassy !! I love Grinch and I also watch it everyday around the christmas time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made the right choices, i really like this movies?
    What about checking our Daily Choices on www.stayuptodatenews.com/ChristmasMovies :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually haven't seen a lot of these movies! Will try to watch them soon! :)

    www.jeannechristinemarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your lists!! I watched most of it.. But its always a good idea to rewatch during the Festive seasons!
    Thanks for sharing! xx
    Sherina - ChocoChipChic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is SHOCKING news in the sports betting world.

    It has been said that any bettor needs to look at this,

    Watch this now or quit betting on sports...

    Sports Cash System - Advanced Sports Betting Software.

    ReplyDelete