pages

December 5, 2014

My Favorite Christmas Songs.

Let_me_cross_over_blog_michele_mattos_christmas_songs_holidays

To keep the Christmas spirit alive here on the blog (and in my life in general) I decided to share here today my favorite Christmas songs. As I believe I already said on my previous post December is by far my favorite time of the year so as soon as December First rolled in I started to blast Jingle Bell Rock on the radio, in my car, while I take a shower, while I'm getting ready in the morning and also while I'm blogging. 

And also I know that there are not a lot of Christmas songs out there and most of them are pretty much singed by a variety of different singers so I'm just gonna say my favorite version of each song and you can feel free to tell me on the comments which version is your favorite too. 



"Shake up the happiness
Wake up the happiness
Shake up the happiness
It's Christmas time"
Let_me_cross_over_blog_michele_mattos_christmas_songs_holidays_train_shake_up_happiness
I love this song and I have to admit that I listen to it even when it's not Holiday Season. It's just such a happy song and it's gonna put you in the mood for the holidays in no time. I think this was on a Coke commercial in the US but I'm not quite sure. 



"And so I'm offering this simple phrase
To kids from one to ninety-two
Although it's been said many times, many ways
Merry Christmas to you"

Guys, Michael Buble singing this song is just heaven. It's the definition of Christmas to me and it's my favorite one from this list. It sets the mood for the entire season and if you have not heard it yet you definitely should.  



"I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is you"
Let_me_cross_over_blog_michele_mattos_christmas_songs_holidays_train_shake_up_happiness_olivia_olson_love_actually

I don't care how many singers do a cover of that song but when I listen to it on the radio I immediately think about Olivia Olson in the movie Love Actually. 



"Pretty lights on the tree
I'm watching 'em shine
You should be here with me
Baby please come home"


"I saw Santa in his bathing suit
Trying to catch a wave, but he tried to soon
He laughed so hard that he could barely breathe
And washed up next to me
He said you look naughty
But I'm sure you're nice
He was soaking wet but he cracked a smile
With a present in his hand"

I kinda can relate to that song because here in Brazil around this time of the year is unbelievably hot so Santa in his bathing suit would make more sense. I always feel kind of weird decorating the house with snowflakes and snowman since it's pretty much blazing hot outside so here it is finally a Christmas song I can relate to.


"Santa came down the chimney
Half passed three
Left all them good ol' presents
For my baby and me, yeah"


 "Giddy-up jingle horse, pick up your feet
Jingle around the clock
Mix and a-mingle in the jingling beat
That's the jingle bell rock"

I actually have a funny and kinda embarrassing story about this song. My dad is a little bit obsessed with this one, so one year (I can't remember which but it wasn't that long ago) me and my sister were listening to this song in the car while we drove to my grandmas for Christmas dinner and instead of "Giddy-up" we kept listening "IDIOTS, jingle horse.." I don't know if you guys are gonna think it's funny but I was in tears after laughing so much and we actually had to google the song because we couldn't figure out what the lyrics said.. Turns out we were the only IDIOTS in the story. 

What are your favorite Christmas songs ?
Of the ones that I've mentioned, which one do you prefer ?

Thank you so much for stopping by and Merry Christmas (too soon ?) !

Let_me_cross_over_blog_michele_mattos_christmas_songs_holidays_train_shake_up_happiness_olivia_olson_love_actually

4 comments:

  1. Hands down "Please Come Home for Christmas" by The Eagles is my favourite Christmas song. I can play it in loop without ever getting sick of it.

    Reflection of Sanity | Smashbox Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love that song too, Shireen ! :)

      Delete
  2. Ha ha ha! "Idiots, jingle horse".... Ha ha! It's always so hilarious when I figure out that I've been singing something wrong forever and realize that I've been sounding ridiculous all those years! But I feel like even once I learn the real words I can never un-hear the wrong ones.
    :) Alice
    www.alicemanfrida.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly ! hahaha From now on I will forever sing "Idiots, jingle horse" ! hahahaha

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...