pages

December 26, 2014

Packing Checklist.

I'm pretty sure by now most of you already know that I'll be going to Spain for New Years pretty soon but in case you didn't you can check out my newest Life Update where I explain everything. The packing process (let me tell you, it takes a village !) began today here in my house and I thought about doing a post about packing but to be honest I'm not very good at it since I pretty much just transfer everything from my drawers to the bags and call it a day but on the bright side I never forget anything. 

If you look it up online (which is what I do for almost anything in my life) I'm sure you'll be able to find numerous videos and blog posts giving you tips on how to pack and everything but since I cannot follow any of them (planning outfits ? WHAT ? HOW ?) even if my life depended on it so I decided to share with you guys the only thing I actually follow while I'm in packing, my little list, in the hopes of helping fellow travelers out there.
Let_me_cross_over_michele_mattos_blog_travel_packing_checklist_books_kindle_snacks
Let_me_cross_over_michele_mattos_blog_travel_packing_checklist_books_kindle_snacks_hand_luggage_phone_chargers

  

To some of you bringing a Kindle and Books may be a lot but the only reason I'm bringing both is because I still need to read two books for my final project and unfortunately I don't have them on the Kindle. As to the snacks, I'm completely aware that there's food on the plane (specially on a 12 hour flight) but I just like to bring my only little snacks in case I don't like the food that's being served and also because I have gastritis and plane food never helps. 

I like to bring my Chargers on the hand luggage just in case my other bags gets lost and then I will at least have my phone to call the airline and my computer to entertain myself or figure something out. The Note Pad is also in there because it's a 12 hour flight and I get bored and sometimes I like to write stuff own or maybe I could have a million dollar idea.. you never know. 

Phone and Headphones are there so I'll be able to listen to music, watch movies and play games. I don't go anywhere without them so it wouldn't be any different in a plane. The Scarf is to keep me warm and comfy while I sleep and also because it's freaking cold in Madrid so I want to be prepared for the european winter. Glasses are a must since I'm almost blind as a bat. I like to bring my glasses and my contact case so I can relax my eyes during the flight and put my contacts back on before landing.

And finally and most importantly the Makeup Bag. If you're going on a long flight I highly suggest going bare faced and when I say bare faced I mean it.. no concealer, powder or mascara. The plane environment is horrible for the skin, it's dry so it makes your skin produce more oils and you're on a closed place with everyone breathing the same air so adding makeup in the equation is only going to clog your pores and make you break out even more. Having said that I like to bring my makeup bag so when we are close to landing I can make myself presentable again and look pretty for my arrival. 

I also want to call your attention to the liquids which is something that everybody knows but always forgets. Nowadays we're only allowed to go inside the airplane with a small quantity of liquids so just keep that in mind and remember that foundation, mascara, hand cream, face wash and all those beauty products we love to bring with us all count as "liquid" so just keep in eye on that while you're preparing your luggage because we don't want airport security to confiscate our very loved and sometimes very expensive products.
Let_me_cross_over_michele_mattos_blog_travel_packing_checklist_books_kindle_snacks_hand_luggage_phone_chargers_suitcase_blow_dryer
Clothes and Shoes are pretty self-explanatory and if you forget those while packing I think you should go to the doctor to see if everything is alright with you. Hair Straightener and Blow Dryer are essentials and I don't spend the night anywhere without them specially if I'm going somewhere cold because it's not a good idea to go outside with your hair wet. 

I put my Skin Care products and my Hair Products in two different bags just to try to be more organized and these two things are on the checklist because once I prepared my beautiful skin care bag and left it on the bathroom instead of taking with me and I don't trust my memory since then.

Going Out Bags are required for me because I always bring a backpack with me on the plane and I don't want to go out at night for dinner or a bar with a backpack. I usually bring two extra bags, a clutch and a normal bag just to have options. 

What do you bring when you're traveling ? Have you ever forgotten something ? What do you to avoid leaving something behind ? 
Please leave me your answers on the comments as well as any thoughts and suggestions you might have.

I hope you all had an incredible Christmas.

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you on the next one !


4 comments:

  1. I plan outfits and make a whole list. Then I usually overpack (especially for a longer trip) because what if I change my mind and want to wear something different?! Ha ha! The only thing I do try to do is to keep all of my clothes in the same color family so that I don't have to worry so much about matching.
    :) Alice
    www.alicemanfrida.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice and simple! Everybody has their own way of packing I guess. If it's just a short trip, I usually plan outfits that can easily be mixed and matched and bring 2-3 extra sets. ;)

    www.jeannechristinemarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun on your trip! I look forward to your post about your holiday! xx

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete