pages

January 1, 2015

Happy 2015 !

I want to start this post wishing you all a Happy New Year and I hope you guys had a lot of fun celebrating the beginning of 2015. For me a new year means a fresh start and a chance to be a better person and to do better in all the aspects of my life so maybe that's why I don't make resolutions, I just focus on being better in general. Setting resolutions never works for me since I tend to forget by the end of January only to find out my little resolution's list in December and be disappointed with myself so for this year I'm only sticking to BEING BETTER.

I also want to say that I'm sorry for being away for so long. If you guys didn't know I'm currently in Madrid, I arrived here 28th of December, the 29th was my birthday, the 30th we went to Salamanca (post about this amazing city coming up soon) and in the last day of the year we came back to Madrid, so as you can see I had a lot going on and gratefully all good things. Now I'm back on track with the blog and since I'm staying in my boyfriend's house internet is not a problem and I'll be able to post more often.. YEEY !
We spent New Years in Puerta del Sol here in Madrid and it was great. It's was incredibly cold but since it was completely packed with people it got a little warmer and we had an amazing time. There were all kinds of people there, from young adults to entire families with kids and grandparents and everybody had a a lot of fun. After we ate our 12 grapes (it's a Spanish tradition but don't ask me the meaning of it because I honestly have no idea) we took the subway and went straight home.. Yes, we are a boring couple but in our defense it was really cold.

From now on I'll be posting more often but since I don't see my boyfriend very often I'm gonna try to spend as much time as possible with him so I hope you guys understand if I post less then usual. Having this long distance relationship is pretty hard but hopefully this situation will be solved this year and I can't wait to share with you guys the new chapters of this history as it all unfolds. 

On a completely different matter I also wanted to say THANK YOU to all of you guys and I know I say it a lot but I don't think I say it enough. Blogging is being one of the highlights of this year and sharing this experience with all of you who take the time to read what I have to say means a lot to me. I was terrified of starting Let Me Cross Over in the beginning of the year and seeing now that people actually enjoy reading the blog makes me unbelievably happy.

I feel like all the posts where I share bits of my life get all over the place. I start to write whatever comes to mind and after it gets hard to put it in order but hopefully you guys understood everything and that's pretty much it. 

How did you spend New Year's Eve ? Do you have any traditions ? 
Did you make resolutions for 2015 ? 
Please let me know your answers on the comments 'cause I'm truly curious to know how you guys celebrated this date. 

Thank you so much for reading and HAPPY NEW YEAR.
    

 
   

3 comments:

  1. I celebrate differently every year. This year Steve and I stayed home and snuggled the cat. Then we went to bed like old people! Ha ha! I'm glad I started blogging this year, too. It has turned out to be way more fun that I even thought it would be. (and I did think it would be fun! haha)
    Happy New Year!!!!!!
    :) Alice
    www.alicemanfrida.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a good time, Alice ! With the cold and everything I completely understand why you would rather stay inside ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you, Michele! We stayed home with pizza, beers and a movie this year, pretty boring huh? LOL! Glad you got some quality time with your boyfriend, that's just great for the both of you. xx

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...