pages

January 8, 2015

Let's Cross Over: Salamanca, Spain - PART I.

As I said on one previous post last week we spent 2 days in Salamanca and since me and Sebastian absolutely loved the city (Seriously, we were even considering renting an apartment there.) and I took so many pictures I decided to share our little adventure with you guys. I have to warn you that you're gonna see a couple of selfies.. Not because we're big fans of selfies but simply because we didn't have another option since we were obviously traveling alone. I'm considering buying that "selfie stick" that everyone is talking about but I don't really know.. I think I would feel kinda silly using it. 

Like I say on all of my "Let's Cross Over" posts these posts are about the things that we did  and the places that we visited, solely based on our experience in the city kinda like a "Photo Diary". I'm sure that there are so many more things to do in Salamanca but unfortunately we did not have a lot of time there and we were in a rush to come back to Madrid for New Years. 

I've already shared little bits of the trip on Instagram and Twitter so if you want to keep up with me while I'm in Spain you can follow me there 'cause I'm able to post more often. In case you already follow me I'm gonna do my best to share different pictures over here so you won't get bored.. which is not going to be that hard since I took almost 12438 pictures.

Ok, so let's get to the important things.

Salamanca is a small city located very close to Madrid. We arrived there by train and I believe it took us more or less two hours and each ticket was around 18 euros.. It's not that cheap but also not very expensive. We bought our tickets at Renfe and I totally recommend buying it there since I tried to buy it from RailEurope and they wanted to charge me almost 30 euros for a convenience fee.
Since there were no trains to come back on the same day we had to spend the night there and I'm so happy we did because after walking the entire day all I wanted to do was take a shower and sleep in a comfortable bed. We stayed at a Hostel called Salamanca Suites which I 100% recommend. The staff was very helpful and friendly and the location was awesome, right in the center of the city. The room was very comfortable, the heating worked great and the breakfast was pretty good too, nothing spectacular.

As I said before, Salamanca is a very small city so we walked everywhere and I believe it took us 30 minutes to cross the entire city on foot, just to give you an idea. We used Google Maps to guide and every time that we typed the name of a different place and it appeared "4 min walking distance" Sebastian freak out a little. 


| Plaza Mayor |

This beautiful is the center of the city and almost all the streets lead there, making it pretty much impossible to get lost in Salamanca. As you'll be able to see on the pictures Plaza Mayor in the day and at night are two different things. When they light up all the lights it's really magical and it makes the perfect background for pictures. 

You can find tons of restaurants and little cafes there to have dinner or lunch. I would recommend trying out the paella which is delicious and affordable. If you're considering eating there just keep in mind that most of the restaurants will charge you more if you choose to eat at the tables outside.. even if it's winter so just keep that in mind.







| The Best Tapa's Place |
| Public Library |
Honestly I didn't want to divide this post in two parts but when I started getting the pictures together and editing them I realized that I had many more pictures that I thought I had so now I'm thinking that making two different posts will be better 'cause I don't want you guys getting bored or something. 

I hope you liked the pictures and enjoyed seeing a little bit of Salamanca through my eyes. In case you guys have any questions or thoughts you'd like to share please let me know on the comments and I'll be happy to answer. 

Thanks so much for reading and I'll see you on the next one !


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, looks like a stunning place! Have an amazing time :) x

    http://amyscornerblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been loving living vicariously through all of your instagram pics! Ha ha!
    :) Alice
    www.alicemanfrida.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...