pages

February 24, 2015

Garnier X Bioderma : Cleansing Micellar Water.

I've been using Bioderma for a long long time. It has been my daily makeup remover for almost two years now and I freaking love it. All I have to do is apply a little bit on a cotton pad or a baby wipe and it dissolves the makeup in a matter of seconds. The only downside to this product is the price and the fact that it's kind of hard to find in my country (I'd have order it online and it takes a while to arrive to my house). 

So when I saw a cheaper and easier to get alternative I got very excited. I bought the Garnier one when I was in Madrid last month and it was unbelievably cheap. I believe I got this and their BB Cream (review coming soon) in a little set for only 8 euros (yes, I was shocked too !). I've been trying out this one for more or less two months now and I thought it'd be cool and helpful to do comparison between both and maybe save you a few bucks next time you go shopping.

It's kinda hard to talk about price since they change dramatically given the country you're talking about. But after some research online I think that Garnier is significantly cheaper. But you also have to consider that there is always some sort of discount going on in Bioderma products and they have 100 ml more than the other. It's not a lot but it's just something to keep in mind. 

Bioderma run around 30 dollars and Garnier between 10-20 dollars.  

They both work in a similar way, have the same scent and consistency. I use them both in the same way (with a cotton pad) and for the same purpose (to remove makeup). From what I've experienced I think the Bioderma does a better job (nothing dramatically different) but it just works better with my skin type and it removes the makeup more smoothly. 

Having said that, the Garnier one also works pretty well for me. As I said the difference between them in this case is not significant and I could get way with using the cheaper one but I think that the Bioderma works better. Maybe it's just me being picky or wanting to be fancy and use the more expensive product but I do prefer the Bioderma.

If someone asked me I would say to try both and pick which one you like more. But if you can't have the luxury to do that or you're saving up for something I would say to go with the Garnier one. The difference between them is so small that I believe you'll get the same results at the end of the day for a cheaper price. 

In case you have sensitive skin or anything like that, both brands offer other options. I believe the Bioderma one for sensitive skin comes in a green and blue bottle and it has a similar price tag to the regular one. 

If you still have more questions and things you'd like to know about the products I will be happy to answer them. Reviews are something new to me and I'm still trying to get the hang of it so if you have any constructive criticism please let me know on the comments. 

Have used these products ? What's your opinion on them ? 
How do you remove your makeup ?
Please let us know your thoughts on these products as well as any other remarks you'd like to make. I love hearing from you guys.
I hope this was somewhat helpful.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

9 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for mentioning that there are sensitive skin options for these!
    A question about using them: have you ever tried using a face cloth or towel instead of a cotton pad? I assume the cotton pad would work better, because I'm guessing it's the same consistency as eye makeup remover and that's what I use for that. (obviously a towel would wreck your eyes so you have to use the gentle cotton but maybe on your face it would be ok??) But sometimes I wonder if there is a way to deal with all of this cleansing stuff without a pile of pads and wipes in the trash can.
    Just wondering. :)
    Alice
    www.alicemanfrida.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried using a towel. You can always try it with a towel on your face and see how that works out, but I think that a towel will just soak up the product. And it'll also stain your towels like crazy with all of that makeup. I know cotton pads are not very eco friendly and I also end up using waaay too much but I've never found a solution to this problem. ://

      Delete
    2. You're probably right, a towel would probably soak up too much. I always feel bad filling my trash can with piles and piles of wipes and cotton pads and tissues but I haven't discovered a way to get around that and still have a clean face yet either.

      Delete
  2. I have yet to try either product! xx
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try them. They're great ! :)

      Delete
  3. I couldn't agree more with Nicole, I am missing some nail post, I'm running out of ideas :S
    Thank u for the post, Michele!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Samantha ! I really appreciate the nice comment and I'll get back to doing my nail posts soon. I'm glad you enjoyed them ! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...