pages

February 18, 2015

Products I've Used Up | Empties

It has been quite a while since my last empties post so I thought it was only fair that I would do a new one. I've been collecting these products for the last four months and I think I did quite well. Using up my beauty products is going to be one of the main goals I have for this year and I do intend on starting a Project Pan soon, I just need to narrow it down to 10 products and take the time to make a post here on the blog to make it official.

The amount of beauty products and makeup I have on my counters has become ridiculous and I just need to use somethings up before they go bad or get expired. This month I did a great job on the hair section but not so good makeup wise. I know that using up a shampoo is way faster than a lipstick but I just need to put more effort into using the makeup that I have. Here in Brazil it's currently summer and wearing a full face of makeup it's just not possible for me.

1. Bioderma Solution Micellaire

I know this product is really popular in the beauty community and for a reason. It's just amazing and I believe it's the second bottle I've used up. There are multiple uses for this but I use it as my daily makeup remover. I just pour a little bit on a baby wipe and apply it all over the face including the eye area. 

It's very gentle and I would highly recommend this for everyone looking for a good makeup remover specially if you have sensitive skin. I know it's a little pricey but you get half a liter of product and it's going to last you forever, trust me. 

Repurchase ? I already have a backup.

2. Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Smooth

I LOVE THIS THING. It's the best deep conditioner I've ever tried.. It's makes my hair feel incredibly smooth and hydrated and it's unbelievably cheap. I feel like everyone talks about this product and you've probably heard everything that could be said about it so I won't say anything else. It's AMAZING. 

Repurchase ? YES !

3. I love.. Mango & Papaya Nourishing Body Butter

My boyfriend gave me this one for my birthday last year and I really enjoyed using it. It was a good moisturizer for an everyday use and I overall liked it but I didn't feel anything special about it. It's nothing life changing but it wasn't bad either. But if you really like the scent of mango you're gonna loooove this 'cause the scent is super strong.

Repurchase ? No.
4. Herbal Essences Shampoo in The Sleeker The Butter

I really really liked this shampoo. I could totally see the difference when I used this in the shower 'cause look shiny, smooth and straighter than ever. The scent was AMAZING and the price was even better (I believe I paid only 3 dollars for this one when I was in the US). If you can get your hands on this shampoo I would highly recommend it.

Repurchase ? Totally.

5. Dove Body Lotion Hydro Nourishment for Normal Skin

The only thing I didn't like about this one was the consistency. I don't know if all Dove lotions are like this but this one was incredibly watery. I really liked the scent and it did moisturize my skin but I just can't deal with that consistency. I like my lotions to be a little bit more thick 'cause I just feel like it's more nourishing and that one looked like I was apply scented water on my skin.

Repurchase ? Nope. 

6. VS So Sexy Nourish Conditioner for Dry/Damaged Hair

I love Victoria's Secret hair products and I don't see a lot of people talking about them. This shampoo is one of my favorites, the scent is amazing and every time I use this it looks like I just got out of the salon. I know this is a bit pricey but to me it's worthy since I never (ever) go to the salon so I kinda justify the price because of that.

Repurchase ? I still have a couple of shampoos to go through but YES. 
7. Avene Couvrance Mascara for Sensitive Eyes in Black

This is just a little sample that my dad got when he bought his eye cream (yes, my dad uses eye cream) so he just gave it to me since he obviously wouldn't use it and I'm very glad he did. This was an amazing mascara and it did everything I wanted on my lashes. It gave them volume, it separated them and it was super black. 

Repurchase ? I'm gonna say maybe 'cause I don't know the full price yet. 

8. Acetone

Just some simple acetone. I do my nails every week so I go through this like crazy. I do not like nail polish remover 'cause I feel like it doesn't take off the nail polish, it just spreads it around. I know a lot of people say it's bad for your hands and I even heard people saying it was illegal to buy but I just get it in my local drugstore and I still haven't got arrested so I'll just keep buying this until someone says I can't. 

It does drys your fingers a little bit but nothing that a good hand cream can't fix and if you're a beauty junkie like me you probably have 8 hand creams laying around the house so just put them to good use. 

Repurchase ? Yes.

9. Clean&Clear Dual Action Moisturizer

I love Clean&Clean skincare and this product is no different. If you have dry skin it's probably not the best moisturizer for you but for my extremely oily skin it's a perfect match. I'll usually put this on before my night time moisturizer or before I apply my makeup if I'm going out at night. 

If you're considering buying this product just remember that it does has Salicylic Acid. I don't have any problem with that but I know some people my have a different reaction.

Repurchase ? Already have a backup.

What are some of the products you've used up recently ?
Do you have any recommendations ?
Please leave your answers and comments down below. 
I love hearing from you guys and I'm always looking for new products to try.

Thank you so much for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment