pages

February 3, 2015

What's In My Bag ? - TRAVEL EDITION.

This post was supposed to go up while I was still in Madrid but at the end of the trip I got completely overwhelmed with the things that I had to do before leaving that I decided to wait a little bit and publish it when I arrived home. So here I am now at home and it's the perfect day to talk about what I was carrying in my bag during the entire trip.

If you guys have been following the OOTDs I've been posting while I was in Madrid you already saw the bag I was carrying around. I bought it in Primark for only 7 euros and it's slowly becoming my new best friend. It's just perfect for traveling since it's black with gold details (which goes with pretty much everything in my closet), it's small with enough space to fit all my travel essentials (but not all the crap that I'm used to carrying on a daily basis) and it's "cross body" which makes it waaaay more comfortable to carry it around town the entire day.

Shall we take a look inside ?
I tried to keep things simple and only carry on my bag the extremely essential things 'cause I was outside the entire day walking around and I didn't want to break my back. You can see that when it comes to makeup I didn't take any with me (only my favorite tinted lip balm) 'cause I honestly feel like I didn't need it and the other things were all carefully thought items that I used every single day.   
| L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm in Heavenly Berry |

In the winter a good lip balm will always be your best friend and that's my favorite one. It moisturizer the lips and has the most beautiful hint of berry making your lips look glossy and fuller on pictures. Yes, I make sure that the make I wear looks good on pictures specially when I'm traveling !

| Bath and Body Works Hand Gel in Vanilla Bean Noel |

I think I said it before but Vanilla Bean Noel is my favorite scent from BBW and I always stoke up on this around the holidays. I'm the biggest germaphobic you'll ever meet and I always have one of these in my bag no matter where I'm at. But I think it's specially important to carry one of these in your bag when you're traveling because at least in my experience we're always using publicly transportation and eating out so it's good to be extra careful. I cannot count the amount of times I used a bathroom outside and they didn't have soap and my hand sanitizer came to the rescue.  

| Kleenex Tissues |

Because you cannot count on fate and assume that every bathroom you go will have toilet paper and also you never know when you're gonna need a napkin asap so it's best to always have one of these in hand. 
| Touch Screen Gloves |

Best invention since the sliced bread. These gloves were obviously well loved but I don't really feel the need to replace since I only use them when I travel (one of the perks of living in South America). If you're traveling somewhere cold don't be brave and think that you don't need gloves 'cause you do and these babies saved my life numerous of times. 

| Notebook and Pen |

I don't know if any of you do that while traveling but I like to keep a journal of the places that I went to and just write down my thoughts about them. I don't ever do it when I'm at home but I really enjoy it when I'm on trip because I can write down places that love and that I'd like to come back or places that I absolutely hated. And also, while I'm vacation I tend to have a lot of good ideas.. It's probably because I'm not frequently stressed out. 

| Map |

It's something so simple and yet a lot of people forget to bring one with them. I'm a big user of Google Maps while I'm traveling but sometimes my battery dies or I don't have service somewhere so it's good to have a good ol' map with you at all times.   


| Wallet |

If you saw my previous What's In My Bag post you know that this is not the wallet I usually carry with me. I decided to change to this bigger wallet 'cause I wanted one big enough to fit my passport and important documents that I like to carry with me at all times while I'm traveling.

For those of you who are wondering this wallet is from Guess and I got it years ago when I was in the USA at a discount store called Ross and I loved it ever since. I think the size is what really sold me because I can easily fit my phone in there and run out the door with nothing else. 

| Headphones |

Specially when I'm traveling alone I need music and I don't want to be one of those annoying people on the subway with their music blasting out loud. It's also handy when I'm at Starbucks or any other place with free WiFi and I want to call my family or watch some videos. 

| Phone |

Obviously my phone is not on the picture but I put my case in there just to symbolize it. I got this adorable little case at Bershka recently so if you guys want it I'm pretty sure they still have it in stores. I have an iPhone 5 and it's my faithful companion.. I don't know what I would do without, honestly. When I'm traveling I mainly use it for taking pictures, listening to music and Google Maps. 

What are your travel essentials ? Did I miss any important items ?
Let me know your answers on the comments as well as anything else you'd like to share. I love hearing from you guys and I'll see you on the next one.

Thank you so much for stopping by. 







8 comments:

  1. I really loved your notebook, is so cute!!
    I hope u had a comfortable trip to home <3 <3

    Bye, Susanna.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susanna ! And I had a great and safe flight home ! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm travelling on Sunday to Norway and haven't started to pack yet so this was quite helpful! xx
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always wanted to go to Norway and I hope you have a wonderful and safe trip ! I'm really glad you found this helpful and I'm be checking on you blog for any updates on the trip ! :)

      Delete
  3. This is so awesome!! I'll be traveling soon, and looking at what's in your bag has helped me decide what to bring. :)
    Sophia
    someplaceinthemidst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post! And that phone case is so cute! I love it : )

    Danielle x
    boothysabode.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with that iphone case! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you know that you can shorten your links with Shortest and earn money from every visitor to your short links.

    ReplyDelete