pages

March 10, 2015

10 Things I Want To Accomplish In March.

I'm gonna be very honest with you guys, I SUCK AT SETTING GOALS. I'm seriously the worst person in the world with planning and getting things done. I've tried everything from writing things down on a planner, to apps and to-do list on my phone. I just write things down and forget to even look at it after so when the end of the day rolls around I haven't done anything I planned on doing. So today, I'm trying out a different approach and I'm putting it on the Internet to make it official and also as a last attempt to keep myself on track. 

These past few days I've not been going to class as often as I used too so my days are lacking structure and even though I have a lot of time on my hands I end up doing practically nothing productive. So instead of making a daily to-do list I decided to set myself some bigger goals and see if by keeping them in mind during the month I can make myself more productive. 

So here are my March Goals !    

1. Finish the first chapter of my final project

I know I've talked about it a lot but for those of you who still don't know all I need to do to graduate collage is this final project. And still killing me. It's supposed to be a big and in depth study of a subject of my choice and although I have six months to do it, just the thought of taking the first step into actually writing it is driving me crazy. 

I've already done a lot of research and a lot of reading on the subject but when I start writing things down I have some sort of blockage and I can't write anything for the life of me. I don't know about you guys but I do this quite often. When I have to do something that I don't enjoy I keep postponing it as much as I can and end up doing everything last minute. But things are going to change this month and I intend to do some major progress in this project. 

2. Finish 3 books

I've recently done a post about my Reading Challenge for 2015 and according to GoodReads I'm already behind schedule. My goal is to read 30 books by the end of the year and I've only read 3 so far so I want to do some progress on that area too. If you follow me on Twitter you probably already but I've just finished reading "Fire After Dark" by Sadie Matthews and after I'm planning on reading "We Were Liars" by E. Lockhart and "City Of Bones" by Cassandra Clare, the first book of the Mortal Instruments Series. 

3. Work out 5 days a week

I joined the gym last month and although I've been going very frequently, I want to put a little more effort into working out. I feel like this will be a great way to bring back some structure into my days and start my morning in a good and positive way, working out always gets me more motivated to do stuff.

4. Do a blog makeover

In one of my last posts I asked for your opinions and suggestions on things I should change on the blog and I really appreciate all of your comments but I've not had time (or made time) yet to actually implement everything. I already have some ideas and a couple of things are already done and saved on my computer just waiting for the right time.  

5. Make a posting schedule

I know that this blog is supposed to be a hobby and everything but I feel like a posting schedule will not only give me some more structure on my day but it'll also make this blog better. You guys will have a actual date to expect new posts and not have to keep checking in without anything new to see. 

I've been really enjoying blogging and capturing little pieces of my life and things that I love here so I can come back sometime in the future and look back at it. It's funny how sharing my life with you guys has made me enjoy more and also be more grateful for the things and experiences that I've had in my life. I was not expecting this but connecting with you guys is the best thing about this experience and I think a blogging schedule will make this whole thing better.  

6. Fix car trouble

Uuuugh, this thing has been hunting me like a nightmare. If you have a car I think you'll relate to this when I say: Having car trouble is the worst thing ever. I hate going to the shop and waiting around for hours in a dirty environment full of people who really just take their time in fixing your car like you don't have anything else to do with your day. I've been postponing fixing this for weeks now and my dad keeps asking me every single morning if I've taken care of it. 

7. Make more time for my friends

Since I don't use my time in the most productive way, I'm always busy and I never have time to go out with my friends. It's true that they always go out at night and I'm more of a afternoon Starbucks run kind of person, but I still need to make time for them.   

8. Be a more active blogger

In this case being a more active blogger has nothing to do with posts. It has to do with all the other blogging things besides the actual writing process. Is about connecting with you guys via social media, responding to comments and participating in all those blogger chats. I suck at this mostly because I'm still a little self-conscious with social media and everything but I'm hoping this will change this month. 

9. Organize my closet

I have no idea why I have so many clothes in my closet but this situation needs to change asap. I need to make some time this month to organize everything, make a donation pile and rediscover some items that are buried in the back. I keep complaining that I never have anything to wear but I'm pretty sure I don't even remember everything that I own. I'm also gonna try to make this habit and every six month or so I'm gonna try to reorganize everything just so I can remember the pieces that I have and this way I'll hopefully cut down on the spending. 


10. Try out new things 

I'm a creature of habit and I would really like to change that. Sometimes I feel like I'm always doing the same things and going to the same places and that's entirely my fault. I live in a HUGE city and haven't explored much outside my neighborhood. This month I want to change that even if it's just by changing my regular coffee shop or going to a new neighborhood for dinner.


What are you planning to accomplish this month ?
Please let know on the comments 'cause I'm really curious 
to know what are your plans for this month.

Thank you so much for stopping by.


8 comments:

  1. your post is awesome new follower here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mariosa ! I'm glad you liked it ! :)

      Delete
  2. Good luck with all your goals for the month! I don't really have too many goals - keep working on my cross stitching and get all my veg plants and seeds ordered for the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel ! I'd love to hear more about your gardening skill.. you should do a post about it in your blog ! :)

      Delete
  3. You're not the only one that sucks at sticking to goals! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's try to change this together this month ? Let me know how everything turned out at the end of the month for you ! :)

      Delete
  4. I love reading goals, and you're right. Maybe putting them on the internet and making them official does help. You should definitely read the City of Bones!! It's such a good book. I reckon trying new things and cleaning out your closet rings true for me too, and working out 5 days a week is amazing motivation, not that I'm always consistent either...

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let you know how I liked City Of Bones when I finish it ! :)

      Delete