pages

March 16, 2015

Do You Really Need Blogging Advice ?

To be honest with you guys I don't even know if I have an answer to this question but I thought it was a good topic for discussion and as always I would really like to know your opinion about this so please feel free to join the discussion after you read everything. I'm a little torn between the two sides (yes or no) but there are a couple of things that have been on my mind about this so I decided to share my opinion on this post and we'll go from there.

Having read more them a couple of posts about "blogging advice" myself I feel like not every piece of advice you find on the internet is actually helpful. I'm not talking about sharing tips and tricks of HTML or other little gadgets you can incorporate to your blog to make it better - I actually think those are beyond helpful and I try to always share with you guys a couple of things that I've learned throughout my limited blogging experience.  

I'm talking about posts like: "1O MIRACULOUS WAYS TO INCREASE TRAFFIC TO YOUR BLOG", "HOW TO GET 100 FOLLOWERS TODAY" or "100 NEW IDEAS FOR BLOG POSTS". I'm sure plenty of the new bloggers out there have stumbled across this posts and to be honest I don't think they are very helpful. You should focus on creating your own content and not get to caught up in what everybody else is doing. 

I believe blogging is something personal. You can have a thousand beauty bloggers in the world but they will all be different somehow even if they are writing about the same topic. The readers come to you because of the subject you're blogging about, but they stay for you personality. And because of that, I don't think you should take too much advice from anyone, just listen to your readers and try to change a couple of things accordingly to their feedback. 

People get tired of reading over and over about the same things (at least I do), so if you really want good advice, stay away from those posts and do something unique. Morning routine, night time routine, spring routine.. Routines don't change, guys ! Blogging is about you, writing about what you enjoy and having fun while doing it, you don't need to stick to a certain kind of post or do what everybody else is doing.      

Another thing that I don't like is advice on growing your blog. Growing your blog is difficult and it takes time. I don't think that there are any miraculous hidden shortcuts out there. You just need to be consistent and keep going (I pretty sure I just said the same thing twice). But anyway, it's true. Using certain words, certain meta tags or any other SEO trick they will try to sell you can only take you so far. People will not keep coming back for more if they don't like the way you write or something else, so I think you should just stay true to yourself and believe that everything has their own time, if it's meant to happen it will happen. 

You should also keep in mind is that having a blog is a little different than having a full on website. I know a lot of those tips are targeted to people who run a website. Of course you should use SEO tools if you have a online store or something like that because you're trying to attract possible customers. But a blog is not a business, at least not in the beginning. You obviously need to grow your readers if you want it to turn it into a business but I don't think that using SEO is the best way to go in this case. Blogging is all about creating a connection with the person who is on the other side of the screen, so why not start with that ?

One thing that I've also been seeing a lot these days is posts about organization and creating a post schedule or something like that. I'm all over those ones as they are not really telling you what to write or what to do, they're just advising you in how to stay on top of things. 

All in all, I think the best blogging advice someone can give you is be yourself. Some people will like you and come back for more and some will not. I really think the best bloggers out there are so successful in what they do because they show off their personality and let the reader decide if they like them or not. There is not a mold you should fit in, just like in life.

I hope you guys got the idea behind this post and what I was actually trying to say. When I write posts like this I tend to ramble a lot and not make a lot of sense but I tried to do my best on this one. If you have any doubts or something was not clear please let know so I can explain explain it better.  

This is my personal opinion about this topic. I want you guys to feel more than welcomed to join in the discussion. Even if you don't agree with me, I'm still very curious to know your opinion. 

Thank you so much for reading. 

    

12 comments:

  1. Personally I don't find blogging advice posts helpful and I tend to never read them. Perhaps it's because i've been blogging for five years and i've seen the same old topics/advice hashed out far too many times to care for these days. I also find them a little too opinionated, like you have to blog a certain way, you have to do this, that and everything else or your blog won't be successful. But that getting x amount of followers is only what blogging is about, having anything less makes you a bad blogger or whatever.

    Posts with tips on html advice I do find super helpful, mainly because I don't have a clue about. But x amount of topics, how to get over bloggers block, kinda post, they don't interest me I will be honest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 100% agree with what you said and it's my opinion on the matter too! There are too many people who are churning out these so-called tips and advice. I find some really good ones but most are just freaking ridiculous and judgemental. I stopped reading few blogs because they just make me feel like I'm a crappy blogger. :-/

      Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

      Delete
  2. I personally also think growing your blog and getting 100 followers arent helpful. every blog grows at different paces and if you work hard and write what your passionate about you will make it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogging is complete trial and error. I didn't, and still haven't read any of these 'advice' posts as I would rather try and work it out for myself!
    x x | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm think so too, Daisy, We should all learn from our mistakes and keep improving ! :)

      Delete
  4. I really don't like posts preaching about how to gain x amount of followers as everyone's blog is different and they grow at different speeds. Great post. xx
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right, Elizabeth ! Everyone has their own time.

      Delete
  5. Sometimes I scan those "post ideas" blogs and you're right, they are basically all the same list! One of the ideas on the list should just be "write a post listing post ideas!" Sometimes those cookie-cutter posts can get you through a writing slump but ultimately they aren't going to make you feel creative and your voice will get lost in the writing. I agree 100 percent on the organization tips though...not just for blogging but for life in general!
    :) Alice
    www.alicemanfrida.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES!!! I always read those advice posts out of curiosity and think I'm doing something wrong but also think my way is better at the same time. I'm not even sure. I reckon the people able to write blog advice posts are generally pretty organised people, which is why they all have the same schedules and random unspontaneous prepared stuff like that. But I still think getting a variety of honest advice is a good thing. I know when I first started blogging I was pretty confused though. It really is all about yourself and your own discovery.

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful and interesting post, darling! Love your blog and the way you write!

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diana. I'm glad you liked it ! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...