pages

March 14, 2015

My Monthly Makeup Basket.


I've first heard of the concept of a "weekly makeup basket" a long time ago on Beauty Broadcast and I thought it was such a cool idea. But back then, I didn't have a lot of makeup so I didn't see the point in making it myself because basically, all the makeup that owned could fit in just one little basket, I believe I only had a foundation, some single eye shadows, an Avon blush and a MAC lipstick in Angel, which I still have.


Lately, I've been seeing a lot of people doing this kind of post and the idea came back to my mind so I decided try it out for myself. I thought it'd be a good way to focus on some products we sometimes forget to use in our collections and also help me to use up the products that are on my Project Pan a little faster 'cause honestly, I need all the help that I can get over here. I was mostly inspired by Pretty Pistol 86's videos on YouTube, she does them every single week and she uses up so many products that I just had to try it for myself.  


I know most people make this a more frequent habit and they change up their products on a weekly basis but I've not been using makeup that often simply because I have not been leaving the house that often so I thought I'd make this a monthly thing. Nowadays the only daily appointment I have is with the gym and I'm not one of those people who wears makeup to gym, if you're one of them no judgement, it's just not for me. 

This product is in my current Project Pan and I'm desperately trying to use it up so I can finally put it in my "Back to MAC" pile. If you don't know what "Back to MAC" is, it's a little program they have in which you get a free lipstick if you return to the store six MAC used products, they don't have to be empty but I just don't feel comfortable in returning it if it's not completely used up.

But this blush is beautiful and it's completely matte with no shimmer, perfect for pairing it with a highlighter. I think this is one of those universal shades and will flatter everyone's skin tone. I just want to use it up because I've had this for so long in my collection that I'm already tired of it. 
Also one my Project Pan and I looooove this. It's the best BB Cream I've ever tried, granted that I've not yet tried that many. But you know when you find a product that just works for ? That one that blends perfectly with your skin and gives just the right amount of coverage ? That's what this BB Cream does for me. And as soon as I'm done with it I'm buying a another one.
This is a good powder, not great but good. It works over foundations because it's very light and doesn't add too much color to your face. I wouldn't recommend wearing it on it's own because it can wash you out and make you look a lit bit like a ghost. I mainly pair this one with the BB Cream I've mentioned before and I'm pretty please with the finished look.
Also in my Project Pan and I can't wait for the day when I'll be throwing this one out. I just don't like to wear lip gloss on my lips. I don't like the stickiness and that whole situation when you get out of the house with your makeup on point and the wind comes and makes your hair stick to the lip gloss. You get what I'm saying, right ? 
I love this lipstick so much. I've never found a nude shade that actually looked good on me and the formula is also amazing. It's very moisturizing and almost matte on the lips. I chose this one for this month's basket because it goes with pretty much any look I could possibly want to do and it makes a good lip combo with that Victoria's Secret lip gloss..
Like the name says, this mascara is great for defining and separating the lashes when they all stick together. I don't really like to use it alone because it doesn't give a lot of volume or length to the lashes but for on an everyday basis I can make it work since I don't really go all out with my daily makeup.

I've had this one for quite a while now and I don't know how makeup gurus use up mascaras so fast. It really takes me almost 8 month to finish the entire thing. I'm not quite sure if you should keep a mascara for that long, but that's just what I do. 
I haven't used this pallet in so long so I decided to add it to the basket this month to see if I can change that. To be honest, I kinda forgot I even I had it in my collection and I can't, for the life of me, remember when or where I got it. Weird, right ?

I think I haven't got much use out of this one because the shades are not very neutral and I always go for neutrals, day or night. I'm trying to change that and maybe incorporate some color into my looks so we'll see how that goes this moth.

These are the products I'll be focusing on this month. Let me know what you guys think about this whole "makeup basket" thing and I'm also curious to know if you guys do it too. 
What's on your current makeup basket ? 
How often do you change the products ?

Thank you for reading and I'll see you on the next one !



2 comments:

  1. Great post as usual I really love these posts might do it some time myself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! If you do it in your blog please let me know so I can check it out ! :)

      Delete