pages

April 1, 2015

A Spontaneous Blog Post.


Like the title says, this is going to be a spontaneous post. I wasn't planning on putting something up today (I try to post every other day) but I just felt like it. I was just browsing through YouTube and some blogs that I follow, as one does in the middle of the afternoon (while I should be studying), and I started to think about a lot of things. I tend to do must of my thinking while I'm on the internet.. kind of weird.  

As you guys might have figured it out by now, I'm a very opinionated person. I don't know if this is a good thing or bad thing (I'm slightly leaning towards being a bad thing).. it just is what it is. But anyway, I've recently decided to share a bit more of this side of mine in the blog, because #freedom. 

I know I started this blog to talk about traveling. After that, I started making make up/ fashion posts and after that things just got out of hand and I decided to write about everything that came in mind. I don't know if my fellow bloggers out there will agree with me but I believe that in order to keep blogging interesting you can't limit yourself to just one subject. I know you're supposed to "find you niche" and all of that but this little rules just don't work for me.

As I said multiple times, I think that showing your personality is the most important thing when blogging and I don't think I can show you guys my personality if I limit myself to only when subject. 

I also don't know if you have noticed but I did some changes on the design of the blog (let me know your thoughts about it) and most importantly I removed the "fashion" section. It's not that I don't like fashion anymore, it's just that I don't think I'm qualified enough to talk about it. Although I would love to, I don't know much about it and my previous "fashion posts" were mainly OOTDs which I don't think make the cut if we're talking about fashion. I will still make OOTDs (it's one of my favorite posts to make) and hauls and when I do I'll just put them in the "more" section.

I just felt like I needed to make some changes on the blog, that's all. I don't want my blog to be know as a "beauty blog" or a "fashion blog" because, honestly, I don't know that much about beauty and makeup either. All I know I've learned through trial and error and YouTube videos. I know the products that I like, the ones that work for me and the ones that don't. And although I love buying makeup and I have way more products than I should, that doesn't make me a beauty expert. 

Another thing that motivated me to do some changes is that I think that I have so much more to offer to you guys then just "makeup knowledge". I would like to use this blog to share my life experiences and the things that make me happy in the hopes of making an impact in someone else's life. I know it's kinda cheesy but.. Oh well ! And when I talk about "the things that make me happy" that includes all of the things that I've mentioned before like makeup, clothes and all that jazz.. They just won't be center of attention. 

I really really hope you'll enjoy the changes that I've made and the new posts that are coming (trust me, they are coming) because blogging is only fun when you have an audience and people who follow and comment on your posts. I know I blog because I want to and because it makes me happy but when I have people to share it with it makes it even better. You are the ones who make it fun and interesting.. Because without you guys I'm just an lonely socially awkward girl sitting behind a computer screen.. Yep, that seems like a pretty accurate description of myself. 

Thank you so much for reading. I know I say this at the end of every post but it's still not enough. I really appreciate each and everyone of you.





2 comments:

  1. I am a new reader and I love your recent blog posts! Keep going, your blog is one I often go to to read :)
    Olivia x

    itsoliviasays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the nice comment, Olivia. I'm really glad you're enjoying the blog ! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...