pages

April 22, 2015

April Empties | Products I've Used Up.

I think Empties are my favorite thing to read/watch in the online beauty community. I find them oddly motivating and tend to trust someone's review more when they finish the entire product.. I'm not a big fan of first impressions. 

I've been collecting these empties for while now (since my last empties post) and although I haven't finished a lot of products I decided it was better to do it now and have my next empties post be an update on my Project Pan, so I won't be featuring those products in here.

I always try to finish as many beauty products as I can as fast as can because I like to get my money's worth out of them and also because I like to see products rotating in my closet. I hate to look at the same stuff for a long time so I avoid buying new products before I finish the previous one. If you check out my closet (where I keep most of my skin/body products) or makeup collection you won't see a lot of multiples of anything. I've been trying to live a more minimalist lifestyle but that is a topic for another post and in this one we're just focusing on the empties. 
1. Acetone

I've been doing my own nails since forever (I believe I went to get my nails done only 3 times in my entire life) and I do them quite often, from one to two times a week so I go through acetone like crazy. 

I'm not a big fan of nail polish remover simply because I feel like they just spread the nail polish around and don't remove anything. I know acetone can dry your nails and everything but I menage to work with it and if I put on a base coat first there's no problem.

Repurchase? YES!

2. Clean&Clear Deep Cleaning Astringent (Toner)

I still haven't found a Clean&Clear product that I don't like. This toner was really good and I used it mainly to make sure I took off all of my makeup before applying my night time moisturizer and I also noticed that it helped with breakouts. One thing that I need to say is that my skin is very oily and not sensitive at all. So if you have dry and sensitive skin I think you should be careful with this product because it is very strong.

Repurchase? YES!

3. I love.. Mango and Papaya Shower Gel

My boyfriend actually gave this to me as one of my birthday presents the first year we've met so you can say that I loved it a lot for sentimental reasons. But judging it for what it is I have to say that it's an ok shower gel. 

It's not very moisturizing like the Dove ones (my favorite) but it also doesn't strip your skin and leaves you feeling dry. One the bright side, I really liked the scent and it left me feeling a little energized if that makes any sense. 

Repurchase? No.

4. Bath and Body Works Body Lotion in Moonlight Path

I love these little BBW's body lotions. I always get them on clearance and I still haven't found a scent that I don't like. They're very moisturizing and this scent in particular is one of my favorites. They're also the perfect size for traveling and for keeping on your purse.

Repurchase? YES!

5. Instant Hand Sanitizer in Strawberry.

I got this one in the Dollar Store last time I was in the US and I really like it. I don't have a lot to say about it since I'm not very picky when it comes to hand sanitizers. I do prefer the ones from BBW but this one did the job and the scent was not overpowering. 
6. Garnier Triple Nutrition Dryness Reversal Treatment

I loved this deep conditioner probably because it's very similar to the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle, which I also love. I used this in the shower instead of applying my regular conditioner. I did noticed that my hair was shinier and smoother. I would recommend this for everyone.

Repurchase? YES!

7. TRESemmé Intense Hydration Shampoo

I really like TRESemm√© products. This one was a great everyday shampoo. Nothing fancy or note worthy but it worked really well on my hair and I will continually to repurchase their shampoo. 

Repurchase? YES!

8. TRESemm√© Intense Hydration Conditioner

Same thing as the shampoo. Nothing mind blowing but a great everyday conditioner.

Repurchase? YES!

9. Batiste Dry Shampoo Clean & Classic Original

My favorite dry shampoo of all time and I'm really said to say goodbye. It worked wonders in my hair, absorbing the oils and giving it volume. Even since I cut my hair short I've been trying out a lot of expensive volumizing products but nothing works as well as this dry shampoo. 

Repurchase? I already have a backup.

10. Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

My all time favorite moisturizer. I like this product because you can use it everywhere. I used it all over my body as well as in my face as night cream. I would just warn you that it is a very thick cream so I wouldn't recommend it as a morning moisturizer but besides that I don't have anything negative to say about it. 

Repurchase? Always.

So, these are my empties. I hope you guys enjoyed reading about my "beauty trash". I tried to be as helpful as could with the mini reviews but if you'd like to see a more in depth review of any of the products mentioned please let me know on the comments and I'll be happy to do it for you.  

What is the latest product you've finished ?

Thanks so much for reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...