pages

April 11, 2015

BB Cream: Garnier X Avon.

I've been wanting to do this post since I got my hands on the Garnier BB Cream in January, but I thought it was better to wait a couple of months and try both of them a couple of times before forming an opinion. I know a lot of people don't like BB Creams because they offer a very light coverage but that's exactly why I freaking love them. The SPF is also a big plus in my opinion, since I use a BB Cream whenever I wear makeup during the day, which I have to admit is not very often.

I wasn't expecting it but Avon won this battle. Not that I don't like Avon products (I actually have quite a lot of them) but this little thing actually blew my mind.. I wasn't expecting it to be so good and blend in so well with my skin tone like it did.  
I've had this product for a while now. I got it when all the BB Cream hype started and I was very skeptical about it at first. I just couldn't understand how a product that doesn't come in a lot of shades could work on different people, but apparently it does.

Like some of you might already expect, this doesn't give a lot of coverage. But it does a great job at blurring out your imperfections. I still need to go in with a concealer and some finishing powder after I apply it but to me it works wonders. And I specially like the fact that it makes your skin a little pale, that way I don't feel scared about using bronzer and blush.

If you're looking for a one-step product I don't think this it. But if your looking for an everyday base to your makeup I would highly suggest this one.  
Garnier you were a big no no for me. This just didn't work. I don't know if I picked the wrong shade but I thought that since I am quite the opposite of pale I would fit in the "medium" category, but I guess I was wrong. 

This product made me extremely orange, dorito-face orange. And I tried pretty much everything.. I tried mixing it with a lighter foundation as well as using a lighter powder on top but I still could not get ride of the dorito-orange color.

It also made me extremely oily, even after applying a finishing powder. I have no idea what I'm gonna do with this product but I just can't walk around the street with an orange face. Maybe I wait until the winter when I'm at my palest shade.. All I know is that this BB Cream was a big fail and I do not recommend it. 

Have you guys tried these products ? What did you think about them ?
Please let me know your thoughts and opinions on the comments. 
I love hearing from you guys.

Thanks so much for stopping by. 


2 comments:

  1. What an amazing comparison! I have always wondered about the Avon BB cream and this is the first review I've read of it. Will place an order for it soon.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried the garner BB cream and I found it very orange also since I am a very fair skinned person so it didn't work at all but that Avon BB cream sounds really good

    ReplyDelete