pages

April 2, 2015

Book Review: Maybe Someday.

letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_maybe_someday_colleen_hoover_book_books_cute_cover_review_reading_challenge_blonde_girl

Since I've started the Reading Challenge in February I've been a bit obsessed with everything book related and that includes constantly updating my GoodReads account, checking out recommendations and book hauls on YouTube and all that jazz. I've also been reading like crazy and I believe I've already about 10 book since I've started. I know for some people reading 10 books is nothing and they can do that in a month or less but to me it's a big accomplishment.

I wasn't planning on doing any book reviews simply because I suck at it. The last book review I did was super embarrassing and not helpful at all that I decided that I would just avoid reviewing books on the blog. But I had to open an exception for Maybe Someday.

So we are gonna try this book reviewing thing one more time and see how it goes, if I suck at it I'll just keep living my life and not do book review anymore. I'm counting on you guys to give an honest opinion at the end.

Let's get to the book !

I decided to pick up this book because someone was raving about it on YouTube and I clearly remember them saying that if you liked Romance in any shape or form you would love this book and they were completely right. I rated it 5 starts on GoodReads and was even considering writing a review over there (something that I've done before) but decided not to because.. well, I suck at reviews. 

First of all, the book is about a girl (Sidney - love that name) who breaks up with her boyfriend on her birthday (kind of my worst nightmare) and ends up crashing on her neighbors house. The way they met was so adorable and cute that my heart literally melted. My heart melted a couple of times throughout the book, actually.

The guy (Ridge) is actually a musician and plays the guitar as well as writes music for his band. OMG, it's hard not to give any spoilers. I don't want to ruin the book for you guys but I also want to give an accurate review.. #lifestruggles. But anyway, he's having a writes block and Sidney starts helping him to write some songs and they come to an arrangement to work together. 

Ridge has girlfriend and he's completely in love and loyal to her. To me his loyalty is what really makes him so attractive. He's beyond devoted to his girlfriend but not in a weird way. Their love is real. They've been together through the good and the bad and they fight but the love is always there. 

Sidney ends up following in love with him and Ridge starts to correspond those feelings things become messy. It's so strange to me because if anyone told me that story I would hate them both, but the author with her incredible writing makes us understand that life is not always black and white and that even when we're trying to be a good person and honest person, we can't help who we fall in love with.

This book accurately portraits the confusion that goes one in our minds when we're falling in love and even more when we fall in love with someone that is off limits. It focus a lot on Ridge's feelings being torn between his girlfriend and Sidney and how hard it is to figure out what's the right thing to do when you're faced with a situation where you don't want to hurt anyone but you gotta be true to yourself.

I also think the author does a great job in delivering information at the right moment. She doesn't leave you hanging and anxious for too long which made me enjoy the book so much more. The story kept getting bigger and bigger and Collen Hoover always surprised with things that I had no idea were coming.   

I've always believed that we can fall in love with the right person in the wrong time and this book showcases this perfectly. I literally felt ALL the feels possible.. I was angry, sad, disappointing, happy, excited.. I laughed and I cried multiple times.  

This book is beautifully written. It's so much more than a love story and it also incorporates song writing into the mix. I would highly recommend this to anyone who enjoys Young Adult books and Romance. 

Did I do a good job ? Have you read the book ?
Your feedback is always important.

Thank you for reading. 

        


4 comments:

  1. I think a book review is just telling a little about the book, if you liked it and why you thought that. You did all that. You win!
    :) Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alice ! I'll do more reviews to get the hang of it since I'm reading so many books ! :)

      Delete
  2. You have a good blog!
    Would you like to follow each other on the GFC?
    Let me know and I will follow you. Have a nice day!
    http://mosaictrends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! I'll go check out your blog as well ! :)

      Delete