pages

April 13, 2015

Life Update.

letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_the_100_car_crash_books_hopeless_gym_working_out_blog_blogging
Hello everyone !

I like to do Life Update posts once in while just so we can catch up on what's going on in our lives, chat a little bit about it and share some experiences. My life has been quite boring these past few days, which is something that I'm happy with. Boring is all I need after the insanity that took over my life last week and the insanity that is to come in the next week. I need a week to recover and save some strength for what is to come.. And by that I mean, get to work on my final project so I can enjoy myself in the near future.


First of all, I got into a car crash last week. It was completely my fault but thankfully no serious damage was done and nobody got hurt. But it's still a pain in the ass because I had to call the insurance company, take my car to the shop which meant 2 to 3 days car-less and and deal with the other person's car, all because I left the house angry and in a bad mood. Word of advice: Never drive when you're angry. 



Between all that fun stuff, I still had to work on my dissertation and that is never fun. But I'm not gonna get into much detail since I talk about it in almost every post and you guys must be tired of it.. I know I am. All you need to know is that everything is going smoothly and I'm making progress. Slow progress is still progress.

Another thing I wanted to update you guys on is my Project Pan. I haven't done a proper update post because there is not much progress going on. I don't know what's up with this products but they just seem endless and I've not been using much makeup these past few days. I will start a new course next week which will make me get out of the house more and I'll hopefully be able to get ride of somethings.

On the other hand, I've been doing some mean progress on my Reading Challenge which is awesome. I've been having so much fun reading all the books and also discovering new ones. I've just finished City Of Ashes by Cassandra Clare, the second book on the Mortal Instruments series, and I just started reading Hopeless by Colleen Hoover last night. I plan on doing another book review this week but I still haven't decided on which book.

I've also discovered a new TV show that I'm completely obsessed with. It's called the The 100 and is soooo good. I was looking for a new show to fill in the hole Pretty Little Liars left (gotta wait for the next season) and this one is doing a good job so far. The show has a very interesting premise, it's about 100 criminal teenagers who have been send back to Earth in order to check if it is survivable after a nuclear war (I guess..) wiped out the planet and human race has been living in a space station so far in to survive. Pretty crazy, pretty awesome. It already began with a love triangle going on and I'm all about that.

Now just so you guys don't think I stay the entire day watching TV and studying, I think we should talk about my whole fitness situation. I wanted to do a post about it but I'm not quite sure on how to approach this because I'm not an expert in the subject and I don't want to give you bad information in case I'm doing anything wrong. But I will start making healthy recipes posts again. I love cooking and since everything my mom cooks is either bathed in olive oil or deep fried I've having to do a lot of it.

I have been working out 5 days a week and eating super healthy on the week days. I've been seeing some results (I've lost 3 kilos so far) and I'm overall feeling waaay better than I was before I started this whole lifestyle. I just have more motivation to do things and I've also been more focused on my tasks. I try to schedule my day around the gym since I don't have much going on lately and that's why I menage to go so often. I know a lot of people don't have that luxury and you don't have to that in order to loose weight but that's just how I do it.

So I guess that's it. I've just realized that this post is quite big and I hope I haven't bored you to death. If you made it to the end let me know on the comments so I can send you a big virtual thank you hug.

What has been going on with you ? Do you have any news to share ?
Hopefully your life is more interesting than mine 
and you have fun stuff to share with us.
I wanna know about you.

Thanks so much for reading.

let_me_cross_over_michele_mattos_signature_blogger_blog_blogging_life_update


6 comments:

  1. I'd say never do anything when you're angry. I'm glad you're ok.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right, Avy. Thanks for the concern ! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! I'm impressed at the gym 5 days a week! And as far as Project Pan goes, I feel like makeup exists in this weird time warp. It takes FOREVER to get to the bottom but then all of a sudden your at the bottom and it's gone in a couple days.
    Glad your car crash wasn't too bad but I know how you feel dealing with insurance and repairs. It's not fun!
    :) Alice
    www.alicemanfrida.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Alice. The gym is a daily struggle for and I really need to push myself to go but now I think it's becoming a habit, which makes things easier.

      Delete
  3. I want to check out that show! I need something to fill in the gaps of PLL as well haha. Glad you weren't seriously injured in the car accident.
    I assure you my life isn't very interesting at the moment as it's filled with lots of studying and procrastination haha. Great chatty post :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for you comments, Holly. It's good to know I'm not the only one studying the entire day. I also miss PLL so much and I cannot wait for the next season. And you should definitely check out The 100, it's a great show ! :)

      Delete