pages

April 24, 2015

Shoud I Blog More ? Do I Want To Be A Full Time Blogger ?

letmecrossover_blog_michele_mattos_full_time_blogger_pink_baby_blue_job_online
These are questions I ask myself all the time. And although I do not have any more free time to spare, it still bothers me sometimes. I need to keep reminding myself that in my case blogging is supposed to be a hobby. Of course I would love to turn this blog into something bigger but right now it's not possible and I know that and that's not the thing that frustrates me.

The problem is that I'm a little perfectionist and in my mind, if I'm gonna set myself to do something I might as well do it right. I hate leaving things half done and I always think that I can improve myself and do a better job. But, do I need to do a better job ? Isn't what I'm doing right now good ? I know I'm doing the best that I can, so why do I feel like it's not enough ?

Nowadays there's a trillion bloggers out there and I love that about the internet. It gives us a space to share our minds and makes our voices be heard. But it also gives us a lot of opportunities to compare ourselves to others and although I know in the back of my mind that I shouldn't do it and that I don't know half of the struggles they went through to get where they are, sometimes, I just can't help it. 

I guess I could describe this little quarter life crises I'm having as: I'm not quite sure about what I want to do and I'm feeling like I don't have control of my life so I decided to control the few things that are 100% up to me and blogging is one of them. I mean.. I know this is a hobby and I still want to turn it into something more but right now I feel like I need to focus on other aspects of my life as well. 

Once I read an article online and I don't remember what the whole thing was all about but the message stood out clear to me and it got imprinted on my brain: What are you willing to do to do the things that you truly want to do ? And that's pretty much the crossroad that I am at right now. 

What am I willing to do to pursue my ultimate goal ? And what makes it worst is that I'm not so sure what my ultimate goal is. Don't worry, I'll not turn this post into a whole oh-my-good-I'm-growing-up-and-freaking-out kind of thing.. Today is all about blogging. And I think the fact is that I'm not so sure being a full time blogger is my ultimate goal (don't get me wrong it must be an awesome job and I completely understand why everyone loves it) and that sometimes feels like cheating, because why do it if you're not planning to go all the way ?

In my case, I do it because I like it. I love having this little space, connect with you guys and share my thoughts. That's why I always say that reading your comments is the best part of this. Because although I do it for myself (it's not like I'm doing charity over here) sharing this experience with people who have the same interests and who enjoy the content I'm putting out there is priceless. Literally priceless because I'm not making a dime out of it at the moment and that is ok. I'm not mad about it.. It was just supposed to be a little joke.

But I guess what I was trying to say is that I'm kind of confused with what direction I want go with the blog. I don't want people to get mad or anything because I will continue to do the same thing as always, be the same person and I'll still blog. This was just something I needed to get out of my chest. And I also don't want anyone pissed if one day in the far future I do become a full time blogger. 

Just take this post for what it is, just a little heart-to-heart and me sharing with you the confusion that goes on inside my brain. I do these posts because sometimes writing it all down helps me clear my mind and some of you always have good advice for me. So if you're wiser and older this would be a good time to speak up and impart some wisdom on me. 

Thank you so much for reading.
I really appreciate it.



  

5 comments:

  1. I think you could definitely be a great full time blogger and you should go for it if it's what you want!! Although, if writing posts starts to become a chore you should stop and focus on doing it as a hobby :) xx

    www.pinkieprim.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was an interesting post, I can understand the situation you are in slightly. I have just made a pretty big change because I wanted to change the direction that I was going with blogging. So I've decided not to continue with my Dream Up Happiness blog and instead write on my new blog, Paperchain. I know this is a lot different to what this post is actually about but it seems like taking a step into the unknown is sometimes best! Good Luck with what ever step you take next, I will continue to read you blog as it's really lovely.
    Emily
    http://paperchainblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog the way it is, as a hobby. I think your reasons for having a blog are just right. It's a part of your life, but not your life. It's more like an outlet to talk about your life. Share your dreams and relationships and sad days with your blog, and get some of those amazing comments you love on your thoughts. Blogging is just here to make you happier. You don't need to turn it into some perfect career big blog. It's your little corner and it's perfect the way it is.

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is a question all of us, as bloggers, end up asking ourselves at some point. Do we want to continue as a hobby, do we want to be full time, do we even know what we want?! I'd say, most bloggers would have no idea at the beginning and most probably have no idea one year later or even more.

    For me, I enjoy the hobby, I enjoy the hours I spend on the hobby, I enjoy the environment and little place I have created and that's enough for me. I prefer letting things run their course than actively seeking out the blogging opportunities. At this moment, I don't need another full time job!

    To me it seems like you are enjoy yourself and that's always enough, if the blog is for you, for your hobby, then your enjoyment and your happiness should come first. If you enjoy working more and blogging more then that's great, if not, you don't have to. There's nothing to stop you being a hobby blogging now and wanting to go full time in a year or more. Anything is possible :)

    Your readers that love your blog will always be there if the blog is what they were there for in the beginning. Going full time doesn't mean that they will get annoyed or disappear, think about like giving them more of what they like if you decide to blog more :)

    I hope writing it all out helped you. I know I've been pondering my own blog for a while and writing it all out in a post the other day helped me out.

    ~ K

    www.crumbsinthebed.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment. I really appreciate it ! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...