pages

May 27, 2015

Book Review: In Too Deep by Mara Jacobs.

letmecrossover_blog_book_review_in_too_deep_mara_jacobs_recommendation
 One of my favorite pastimes is to browse around the Amazon store and download some free books. I couldn't possibly read them all but since I started a new course and now I have to commute there everyday (we're talking about 1 to 1:30 hours in the bus) I started to use that time to read, and it took me just two days to finish it.

This book is about a couple, Lucas and Lilly, and the ups and downs of their relationship. She is a freshman in a prestigious college and comes from a very nice family and he's kind of the complete opposite. He comes from a small town, his mom is in rehab and he had problems with drugs in the past. 

Lilly gives swim lessons as part of a program for children and they meet when Lucas comes to pick up his little brother. Apparently there's an immediate strong connection and their relationship evolves from there. 

I had very mixed feelings towards this book. In a way I really liked it. I liked the college vibe, I liked some of the secondary characters and I think the author did a good job with the romance as whole and I really liked both of the main characters separately, which doesn't happen very often. I liked that Lilly was strong and not just a stupid college girl following the guy around.

I didn't really know from the beginning that there were some sexy scenes but that didn't really bother me since it wasn't overdone. Just keep that in mind if you're not into that since there are a couple of steamy scenes but then again, you can just read past them.

The only thing that bothered me was some particular parts of some dialogues. It just didn't look real and I know from living in the real world that people don't talk like that. I don't if you guys get it but.. Somethings just felt too forced and nobody expresses devotion to another person the first time they have sex. I don't know.. It just seemed odd and made me roll my eyes sometimes.   

But overall it was a good book, not great and not bad. It was a solid 3 out of 5 starts for me and I don't regret reading. Apparently this is part of a trilogy (The Freshman Trilogy) and although I really enjoyed reading this one, I don't think I'll get to the rest of them just because I'm kind of over that "world" and I think I had enough from this characters.

I don't know if you'll still be able to get it for free on the Amazon store but it can't hurt to check. I would recommend it as a light afternoon reading on a lazy day.

If you wanna keep up with my reading progress and my Reading Challenge you can check my account on GoodReads which I'm constantly updating.

Have you ever read this book ? 
What should I read next ?
Please leave any recommendations in the comments 
as well as any thoughts about this review. 
I really appreciate it. 

Thanks so much for reading.   

letmecrossover_blog_book_review_in_too_deep_mara_jacobs_recommendation_michele_mattos_love


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...