pages

May 3, 2015

E-Book Haul.


I have a problem when it comes to buying it books. It always happens late at night when I'm trying to fall asleep. I get the kindle. Start browsing around the Amazon store. And it the morning I magically have five or six new eBooks in my kindle library. 

In my defense they are mostly cheap or even free in some cases 'cause I like to give self-published books a try once in a while and I also enjoy downloading some public domain classics. I don't always get around to reading all of the books I get but I do my best and it's always to have some options for the times when you go through a reading slump.

I also prefer to read book on my kindle (I know.. shocking!) 'cause it makes me read faster and I live in a small apartment, guys. I can't possibly fit all the books that I read/buy in my tiny and already full bookshelf. Please, don't judge me. 

Let's get to the haul!

Andromeda by Amy Bartelloni

I got this one for free and since I got it recently I'm pretty sure it's still free in the Amazon store. I already read the first chapter and I'm really liking it so far. From what I've read, the story is set on a distant future where some kind of infection killed a lot of people and we follow to sister trying to survive or something like that. It's actually way better than I was expecting it to be since it was free so if you are fan of the whole dystopian world thing you should definitely give it a try. 

Dracula by Bram Stoker
This book is my attempt to read more classics. It was free (public domain) and a lot of people said good things about it so I decided to try it out. I've read a couple of pages already and I have to admit that I'm not liking it very much but I will finish and tell you guys my thoughts after. 

Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
I became a fan of Gillian Flynn after Gone Girl and Dark Places. So when I've heard that Sharp Objects is even better I had to give it a try. I think I'll start this one next because I'm already in the process of reading six books and I think seven is just too much. Apparently, six books is my limit.

Under The Dome by Stephen King
This book is crazy big. Seriously, we're talking about 1000 and plus pages. I started to watch the TV show (amazing, btw) last month and I since I really liked the story I decided to get the book. But I only saw the amount of pages after I bought it so I'm not sure when I'll get around to it but I will.

Someone in the comments of a previous post recommended this one to me and I decided to give it a try. I set out a goal to read more classics this year and it looks like something I would be interested in. It's also not very long and the estimated time for reading is about 3 hours, does anyone else checks the estimated time for reading before actually reading the book ? 

Falling Into You by Jasinda Wilder
It was cheap and the cover looked nice. That's all I have to say in my defense.

Into The Deep by Mara Jacobs
 It was free. My mom's name is also Mara. The cover looked nice. That's all I needed to get this one.

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
Can we just take a moment and appreciate her name? I'm totally naming my first daughter Rainbow, so that's happening. I've been wanting to read a book by her for so long and  decided to start with this one. I haven't seen any negative reviews of this book on the internet so I have really high expectations for this one. I let you know what I think about it after I read it.

I got a total of nine books and I know it will take me a while to actually read them but you can't never have too many books, right ? This year with the Reading Challenge I got back to the habit of reading and I'm really happy about it. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed reading and having great book in my TBR list keeps me motivated. At least, that's how I justified buying them.

What are you currently reading ?
Please enable my book buying addiction and 
leave me some suggestions.

Thank you so much for stopping by and now get out of the 
internet and go read a book !

2 comments:

  1. I think I might of been that person that recommended Dorian Gray since it's one of my favourite books! xx
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely you, Elizabeth. I looked back on the comments just to be sure. Thanks so much for the recommendation ! I've read the first chapter last night and I'm really liking it so far.

      Delete