pages

May 5, 2015

Why I Don't Like Morning Routine Videos.


I'm sure plenty of you guys have already watched one or two "routine" videos on the YouTubes. I have to say that in the beginning I actually liked them, it was kind of fun to see what kind of products the girls used in the morning and whatnot. 

But them the "routine fever" started and the majority of videos I found in my subscription feed were Spring Morning Routine, Fall Morning Routine, Winter Morning Routine, Summer Morning Routine, Lazy Morning Routine, Not-so-lazy Morning Routine.. And the list goes on and on. Switch the "morning" for "night time" and you get a list of endless video ideas. 

I don't want to be hating over here but, honestly..  Who has time (and money) to switch up products based on the season ? Ain't nobody got time for that ! I mean.. I get it if you use a different moisturizer in the winter times but changing an entire line of products ?! I just don't get it.

So, the reason I don't like this type of video is because they're not real or relatable. I think this is one of my major problems with the YouTube beauty community.. It just comes to a point where the things you see are so staged and "perfect" that it looses the fun. 

I know that no one is going to record themselves actually waking up tired and "zombie-like" with an oily face.. And I'm not expecting that, really. I just want a little more honesty and a little more reality. Nobody changes their face wash according to the weather or eat a perfectly assembled yogurt parfait with berries in the morning. Am I the only one who has noticed that this is the go-to breakfast youtubers seem to eat ?

My morning routine is more like: waking up tired, drinking coffee and eating toast, washing my face and brushing my teeth and applying some sort of makeup concoction on my face because I have things to do and places to be. I don't have time to assemble a cute breakfast, style my hair and watch videos in the morning. I wish I had. I really wish I had.  

So if you're also a busy bee trying to get a college degree or maintain a job don't feel left out of the club. You're the real winner. We're real girls who still menage to look presentable with a "nine-to-five" job and other things going on. Differently than current belief, you don't need to change all your skincare products according to the weather.. In my opinion you just need to change your moisturizer.   

I also don't want you guys to get me wrong. I love YouTube and I am subscribed to more beauty channels than I can count.. There are just a couple of things that bother me when it comes to certain aspects of it. Everybody has their own opinion and I'm eager to know yours.

What do you think about this ?

Thank you so much for reading.

4 comments:

  1. Completely agree with you on this which is why I have stopped watching YouTube videos with the rare exception for a couple of people whose videos are realistic. And there are just too many 'sponsored content'...unreal.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not completely against sponsored videos.. I just really don't like when everything gets to staged that it doesn't even look like real life.. I don't really know how to explain it. ahahahaha

      Delete
  2. You hit the nail on the head. I completely agree! I find they're so unrealistic. Like c'mon who really has their life together that early in the morning?! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I most certainly do not have my life together in the morning. hahaha I'm glad you liked the post ! :)

      Delete