pages

June 5, 2015

10 Things That Made Me Happy Today.

Source
Today I had a pretty shitty day. I woke up feeling completely crappy.. My head was pounding, I had a sore throat and a ravishing fever. YAY for me ! The worst thing was that I had a ton of things planned out for today. I was going to wake up early, go to the gym, have lunch with a friend, go shopping and finish the day of going through a massive amount of required reading for my new course.. I even wrote it all out in my planner the night before. 

But I guess life had other plans for me and instead I was gifted an entire day of feeling crappy and laying in bed. So, after I asked God why he was punishing me and drank an incredible amount of lemonade and tea (because that helps when you have a cold, right ?) I decided that I was not going to let this sickness get the best of me. I'm an independent strong woman and I make my own destiny and all the stuff that we read in magazines. 

Of course I couldn't go to the gym with a fever (Dr. Google said it was best to wait a couple of days) so I decided to approach the day in a different way. I could still read, write on my computer (blog) and use this "opportunity" to catch up on Game of Thrones. 

In a attempt to make myself feel a little better and not wallow in my own misery, I decided to come here and come up with 10 things that made e happy today.. 'Cause of the whole not-all-days-are-good-but-there's-something-good-in-every-day kind of things and whatnot. So, here it is: 

1) My killer breakfast smoothie with soy milk, bananas, spinach and cocoa powder. 

2) Game of Thrones. If you don't watch this, what are you doing with your life ?

3) Reading "I've Got Your Number" by Sophia Kinsella. I've been loving here novels. They're incredibly funny and literally make me laugh out loud. 

4) Talking to my boyfriend on the phone. He was super busy today finishing of some projects for his master but he still had time to answer to all my crazy messages and calls.. Even when I said I was dying. 

5) My cat which is also my little cuddle buddy.

6) Watching YouTube videos. 

7) Season 6 of Pretty Little Lairs. I mean.. IT'S SOO GOOOD !

8) Eating donuts. It's not National Donut day in my country but it's somewhere else in the world and that's good enough for me. 

9) Buying weird books in Amazon that I've never heard of. In my defense they were all cheap and I will read them.. eventually. 

10) Doing my nails. Having a fresh manicure always makes me feel better.

I strongly encourage you guys to list out what made you happy today. I've read somewhere on the internet that you should do this everyday but.. ain't nobody got time for that. So instead, whenever you feel crappy, sick or like you had a terrible day and just wants to curl up on your bad and eat chocolate, you should do this before. It really helps, but if you still want the chocolate after go for it.. Chocolate always helps. 

What made you happy today ?

Thanks so much for reading !   

   

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a pretty good day to me. Sometimes a nice little day in is better than a busy one that seems like a good concept but is actually not nearly as enjoyable. Season 6 of PLL was pretty cool ;)

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely positive post :) Whenever i'm sick i'm terrible at being positive you have done a really good job at keeping positive. What made me happy today was my puppy falling asleep on my lap whilst I watched Suits. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wanting to watch Suits, a lot of people told me it's super nice. I wish I had puppy...

      Delete
  3. Aw I hope you feel better soon! and I loved this post too! x
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Elizabeth. I'm glad you enjoyed the post ! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...