pages

June 28, 2015

Pan That Palette 2015.


I know I've already failed my Project Pan but I'm still trying to go through the products and I've made some progress on them, which made me excited to try to actually pan an entire palette this year. 

I know I'm a little late to this party since everybody started in the beginning of the year, but I still wanted to give it a go. I've been doing this for almost three months now and I the only reason I decided to make it public and share it here on the blog is because I already know it's not going to be complete fail. 

For this project I chose a palette that I'm already tired of looking at and I need to see it gone. I know I can just throw it out but I feel bad about doing it since I spent money on it and I really like the shadows.. I'm just tired of having it in my collection. It's called Downtown Browns (8026) and it's from Black Radiance. 

I decided to pick it up at the store because I heard someone on YouTube saying that this company is actually owned by Wet'n Wild and the product is pretty much the same. And I have to admit that it really is quite similar to their original 8 shadow palette's that everyone loves.

If you've been following me for a long (long) time you've already seen this palette since I used it to show you guys how you can fix a broken eyeshadow, that's why it's not in a very good condition, actually.
letmecrossover_blogger_michele_mattos_blog_blogueira_brasileira_pan_that_palette_cruelty_free_makeup_black_radience_best_eyeshadows_pigmentated_top_
As you guys can see from the picture, I've already used up 2 eyeshadows completely and hit pan in one and I'm very happy with that. The shadows are HUGE and it takes a really long time to use up. 

My strategy was to, obviously, use one of them everyday that I wore makeup and it worked out pretty well if you ask me. The two shadows that I already finished were both champagne/highlight shades and I managed to also use them as highlighters all over my face, and the fact that I'm wearing makeup more often now has really helped. 

As for the others, I'm having a hard time wearing since they are very shimmery and dark which makes it hard to incorporate on my everyday makeup. One thing that has been working for me is to use them to line my upper lash line, I don't use up a lot of product that way but it's something.

As for the reasons why I'm doing it, like I already said I'm tired of having it but I also want to see products rotating in my collection so nothing goes bad or expires. I'm also trying out a new "minimalist lifestyle" and trying to cut down the amount of products I have in my closet is very important for in that sense. 

So that's pretty much it, guys. I won't be doing updates over here, only when I actually finish it all up so if you want to see weekly updates make sure you follow me on Twitter and on Facebook, it's just easier for me to take a picture with my phone and post it there other than making a whole blog post about it. 

Are you doing this challenge ?

Let's hang some more!


Thanks so much for reading and come back soon!

  


2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of this challenge! I'll definitely give it a go. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should, Holly. Let me know how it works out for you ! :)

      Delete