pages

June 15, 2015

Reading Challenge Update.

Apparently, I sold myself short and set out a very modest goal. My original and current goal was to read 30 books in this year but since I'm doing so well I'm thinking about bringing that number up but I'm not quite sure how this things work.. Is it allowed to change or goal ? Or are you just supposed to keep going and overpass it ? 

I thought it was a good goal because I could read one or two books every month and get the job done. I was also thinking my final dissertation would take more of my time but as it turned out things worked out pretty well and I'm pretty much done.. Just need to run things over with my teacher and write a conclusion.

Anyway, I'm not quite sure how to go by with this update so I'll just list out the books that I've already read and talk a little bit about them. Some of the books were just ok.. I didn't like or dislike them so if I didn't say anything about the book just assume it's that. 

Just so you guys know, I'm doing this challenge through GoodReads and I constantly update my page (I'm kind of obsessed with it), so if you'd like to keep up with my challenge and the books I've been reading you can follow me over there and I'll follow you back so we can be reading buddies. 

As I'm writing this, I'm currently 13 books ahead of schedule which means I've read 25 of my 30 books goal for 2015. I believe 3 of these books were required reads for college, my dissertation and all the good stuff but the rest 22 were all just 'cause. I will not be talking about the books I've read for school purposes because I don't think anyone is interested in Brazilian economy, Chinese economy or International Relations. 

If you'd like to know my thoughts on a specific book, please let me know on the comments and I'll definitely do a more in depth review. I've already reviewed a couple of these, so in case you're interested you can check it here. I don't do a lot of Book Reviews because I feel like not everyone enjoys them, but if you do make sure to let me know on the comments so I can do more of them. 

"When Summer" Ends by Isabelle Rae

"Fire After Dark" by Sadie Matthews

"City of Bones" by Cassandra Claire

"City of Ashes" by Cassandra Claire

"Green Lake" by S. K. Epperson

"Maybe Someday" by Colleen Hoover

"Hopeless" by Colleen Hoover

"To All The Boys I've Loved Before" by Jenny Han

"Angelfall" by Susan Ee

"Dark Places" by Gillian Flynn

"The DUFF" by Kody Keplinger

"We Were Liars" by E. Lockhart

"Pretty Little Liars" by Sara Shepard

"Flawless" by Sara Shepard

"Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children" by Ransom Riggs

"The Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern

"Andromeda" by Amy Bertollini

"In Too Deep" by Mara Jacobs

"Dracula" by Bram Stoker

"Can You Keep A Secret ?" by Sophie Kinsella. 

"On China" by Henry Kissinger

"The Growth Map" by Jim O'Neill


What are you currently reading ? 
How is your challenge going ?

When I first said I was going to do the Reading Challenge back in March (check original post here), a lot of you told you were also doing it so I'd love to know how things are working out for you.
If you have a GoodReads account, please let me know on the comments so we can be friends over there as well.  

Thanks so much for reading. 







2 comments:

  1. This is such a great challenge! The books I've read on this list I've really loved so definitely need to check out the ones I haven't :) Thanks for sharing! xx
    Chasing Belle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm currently reading the works of Virginia Woolf and Hemingway! x
    fashinismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...