pages

July 3, 2015

Asking For Your Advice: Friendship Fail.

Hello everyone !

I know a lot of bloggers and Youtubers do advice posts and I even attempted to do some of those in the past but today's post is going to be quite the opposite. As you can see from the tittle, today I'm asking for your advice. I thought this would be an interesting thing to try since most of you guys always give me very good advice and are a little bit older and with more life experience.

As you can also guess from the tittle I’ve been currently dealing with a failed friendship. Now, let me explain this a little better. I used to be very good friends with this particular girl, and to be honest, I don't really know what happened but we've seemed to just drift apart. 

I don't really remember us having a big discussion or a fall out. I think we just stopped seeing eye-to-eye and I didn't agree with some of the things that she did and, obviously, she didn't like some of the things that I did. I didn't feel like facing the problem up-front because I really hate confrontation, so I basically ignored the problem and kept pretending everything was alright.. I know that wrong. 

Now, it's been almost an year and I feel it would be awkward to bring it up all of a sudden and that's where I'm stuck right now. I don't know if I should say something or just keep pretending things are alright and give it some time. 

I really want things to be alright between us again and I don't think accepting that we don't get along anymore is the best option, so I need your help. Please let me know what you think about this and how I should approach this situation from now on.



Thanks so much reading and I'll talk to you soon.







5 comments:

  1. I drifted away from one of my friends once, and I guess that no matter how much effort you make, if they're not making any back then you've just got to let them go. Communication always works though, no matter how awkward you think the confrontation may be. It'll always make things better.

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely just communicate with her. a quick 'hey, how are you' can do no harm and if there is no reply, or a frosty response, it means at least you've made the effort and you know it's just not a friendship that will continue. you never know, she may feel exactly the same as you and it's a matter of who will break the ice! x

    http://the-dress-diaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leanne. I'm gonna stop being a chicken and just get it over with.

      Delete
  3. I agree with the above comments, I think that communication is key even just small talk, a greeting etc. You never how it'll turn out until you start to talk again. x
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete