pages

July 27, 2015

Book Review: Dirty Little Secrets by Liliana Hart.


I wasn't quite sure about what to do for today's post and since the only thing I've been doing, other than studying, is reading I thought it'd be cool do another book review. I hope you guys are enjoying these reviews as much as I'm enjoying writing them. Sometimes it's good to mix things up a little, don't you agree ? 

I mentioned this book on my last Currently Reading post and I cannot believe how fast I managed to finish reading it. I could not put this book down - I read it between classes and on my everyday commute, I just couldn't read it before bed because I'm a big baby and I don't like reading about murder before I fall asleep.

Anyway, it all starts with a murder and the story goes on from there. We follow the perspective off Dr. Graves, a woman in her thirties who works as the coroner of a small town. She is single, has student loans to pay and is quite desperate to find a man.    

She is best friends with Sheriff Jack Lawson, who is also in his thirties and seems to be pretty much irresistible to every woman in the county. He's responsible for the murder investigation which, eventually, turns into murder investigations. 

Unexpectedly, a new and mysterious writer arrives in the small town saying that he's doing research for his new book and since Dr. Graves hasn't had a date in years she gets pretty excited about this arrival. Even though the situation seems a bit sketchy, she decided to follow her heart (or her lady parts) and proceeds to go on a date with this mysterious man. 

And that's where I'm stopping and if you want more you're gonna have to read the book. I don't know how much this book is now, but I got it for free in the Amazon store, in another one of those late night downloading sessions I told you guys about on previous posts.

This is not a hard core suspense or thriller. It's has murder and they are trying to solve a case but it's a very funny and easy read, like I said I breezed through it. I liked the fact that the story took unexpected turns and that at the end the book really took me by surprise, which is something that doesn't happen very often.

Although I couldn't really relate to the characters because we do not have anything in common, I still found myself cheering for Dr. Graves and wanting her to get her life together. I also liked the whole aspect of a small town because it makes the story more dynamic since the author is able to tell us more about the people who leave there and it gets me more interested in solving the case myself.  

I gave this book a 3.5 out 5 stars on GoodReads, because I liked it but didn't love it. This book is the first one in a trilogy or a series (I'm not really sure) and although I would like to know more about this characters, I don't think I'll be buying the sequels just because I there are better books on my TBR pile.

What are you currently reading ?
Thanks so much for reading and I'll talk to you soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...