pages

July 9, 2015

Turning That Frown Upside Down | My Take On Being Happy


Yesterday I read an article online about being happy. To be honest, I have no idea why I was reading it because I do not believe that anyone has the recipe to happiness and everybody gets happy about different things so in my opinion it's quite pointless to read these kinds of things. 

Now, you might be asking yourself: So.. hmm.. Why are you writing this post ? And the answer to that is actually really simple. I don't believe in tips or telling people things they should do to be happy, in my opinion happiness is about a choice.

First of all, happiness can mean different things to different people. For instance, I get happy when I buy makeup and my boyfriend gets happy when he buys books and maybe you get happy when you go to the beach... I don't really know and it doesn't really matter, the point is that you can't really tell people what to do to feel happy and most of those articles you find online always say the same thing like, work out or be with your family. Although working out and being with your family can make most people feel happy, it doesn't really work for everybody.

Second of all, like I said before, I believe happiness is a choice. It's the way you see things and how you choose to live your life. I know some of you might be thinking that what I'm saying is the same old cliche "choose to be happy" and in some way it kind of is. 

In every situation in life we can actually choose to make the best of it and by choosing to feel happy we'll actually be happy. When I feel down or sad I just pump up some music (usually some T-Swift) and start dancing around the house or maybe I go online watch some YouTube videos and that usually does the trick.

But if we're talking about happiness in the long term, I don't think that living a happy life is easy. You need to work for it. And I know that sounds weird but it's what I believe in. I know that laying in my bed is comfortable and easy and I'd like to stay here the entire day, but will that make me happy at the end of the day ? Knowing myself, I know it won't. For me to feel happy I need to feel accomplished, I need to get out, do stuff, meet my friends and even spend some time with my family like a lot of those articles say but while I'm doing all that stuff I need to have a positive mindset because if I don't none of that works and if I don't want to be happy I won't have the strength to get up and do them. At the end of the day, it comes back to you. Know what I'm saying ?

You're truly the only person that can make yourself happy because nobody can make any of the things those articles say for you. It all comes down to your choices and the way you feel like living life. Like I said, you can choose to be happy or you can choose to just go through the motions in life.

So, having said all of that, my biggest and only tip on being happy is: choose to be happy. During our entire day we need to make choices (what to eat for breakfast.. what clothes to wear.. what music to listen on the way to work) so you might as well also choose to be happy.

In all of my talky posts I tend to ramble and sometimes I find it hard to get my point across so I'm sorry if my writing gets to confusing but I think you can get the main point. 

What do you think about it ?

Thanks so much for reading and I'll talk to you very soon. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...