pages

August 12, 2015

Monthly Empties: August, 2015.

Today I'm sharing with you guys all the products I've finished this month so far. I decided to wait a little longer until the beginning of August to do this post simply because I still had a lot of products that were almost done and I knew I needed a couple extra days to get them completely empty.

Lately, I've been trying to really focus on using up my products (like really really focus) because of my upcoming trip to the US. I know for a fact that I'm gonna buy a lot of makeup products there so I really want to declutter everything and empty out my cabinets. I've also been considering starting out a "Disney Project Pan" until the date of my trip but I'm not really sure about that.. You let me know what you think about this in the comments. 

Now, let's get to the empties!

Maybelline Define-A-Lash Mascara in Black. 

You might remember some of these products from a Project 10 Pan that I started back in March but completely failed. I'm just going through those products now, 5 months later. But anyway, I really liked this mascara. I used it in combination with other mascaras but I think it did a great job at separating the lashes and getting rid off the "spider lash" look.

Would I repurchase? Yes.  

Pupa Lipstick

I got this lipstick almost 4 years ago and from my experience lipsticks don't last that long so it, obviously, was already disgusting when I pulled it out this week. But from what I remember this was a good lipstick. It had a crazy long staying power and the color was quite beautiful, kind of like a blood/orangy read. I didn't get much use out of it which sucks and the smell was also not my favorite. Since I got it so many years ago they must probably have changed the formula but I would recommend getting it. 

Would I repurchase? No. 

Avon BB Cream in Natural Beige.

I loved this BB Cream so much that I think I'm going to open an exception on my "no-buy" just to get this product. I did a little review/comparison post with this BB Cream and the one from Garnier that everybody talks about. If you wanna see a more detailed review make sure to check out that post.

Would I repurchase? YES!
Find it here

Acetone.

I feel like I have a bottle of Acetone in every empties post. I prefer Acetone instead of nail polish remover because I feel like it takes my nail polish faster and better. I don't have a problem with the fact that it dries my hands a little bit because I can always use some hand cream after I'm done with my nails. I also don't really care about the brand, I just buy the cheapest one I can find at the store.

Would I repurchase? Yes.  

Avon Nail Expert Color Shield Top Coat.

This is one of my favorite top coats and I always have it with me. I usually switch up between this one and another one from a Brazilian brand that I also really love but I don't talk about it a lot since not everyone canget it easily. But if you're looking for a good top coat I highly suggest this one from Avon.

Would I repurchase? Already have a backup.  
Find it here

Avon True Color Blush in Medium Rose.

Can I get a round of applause for finishing this blush? It took FOREVER. I honestly think I've had this blush for more than five years. Although I really liked the color and the formula, I was sick and tired of using this at the end and I'm gonna take a break from buying blushes for a while. 

Would I repurchase? No. 
Find it here

Nivea Care Bar Soap with Oatmeal.

I've been using the Nivea bar soaps for years now and I love them. I use them in the shower to wash my face when my skin is feeling dry. In my opinion this is better than most of the face washes out there and if you feel like your current face wash is making your face feel dry give this one a chance. 

If you look for this product in another country you might find that the packaging looks a little different but I think that the product is still the same, they just change the packaging according to the country. 

Would I repurchase? Yes.  
Find it here.

Johnson's Baby Wipes. 

I love baby wipes because they are so versatile. You can use them to clean up your counters, to spot clean your makeup brushes and I even use it to take off my makeup when I'm feeling lazy. I got through one of these every month.

Would I repurchase? Yes.  
Find it here.   

L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Repairing Conditioner.

This was an ok conditioner. I wouldn't run to the store to get a new one but I would buy it again if it was on sale or in case I needed a conditioner asap, know what I'm saying ? I literally cannot think of anything else to say about this product so I'm just gonna stop now.

Would I repurchase? Probably yes.  
Find it here.  


TRESemm√© Moisture Rich Conditioner. 

I love all TRESemme products and this one was no different. I usually opt for shampoos and conditioner for straight hair or moisturizing ones like this just because I feel like they make may hair more smooth and manageable. This was a great everyday conditioner and I honestly would recommend it to anyone. I've been using this line for years and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon.  

Would I repurchase? YES!


These are the products I've finished this month. I love writing empties posts because I feel so accomplished looking back at all the empty products. It's also good to see what are the things that are rotating in my collection.. The things that are actually being used and the ones that are going to waste, this way I can be a more conscious shopper and make sure that the money I spend on products is not going to waste. 

What are some of the products you've finished lately ?
If you make videos or blog posts about empties or project pans please leave it in the comments so I go check it out and we can support each other. 

Thanks so much for reading and I'll talk to you soon. 


2 comments:

  1. I'd love to try the Acetone but I think I'm allergic to it, I sneeze EVERY single time I smell even the tiniest bit of it so I always buy acetone free removers which take ages to remove polish! The TRESemme conditioner sounds amazing! Great post :) xx

    Ellie | www.pinkieprim.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elle !
      This conditioner really is amazing and for the price you pay it's worth the try if you haven't already. I don't have any bad reaction to acetone but if you think you might be allergic I think it's better if you stick to acetone free removers.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...