pages

September 5, 2015

5 Shows You Should Watch On Netflix.

Source
I know I'm a little late to the party but we FINALLY got Netflix here in my house. I know I already mentioned it before but today's post is going to be solely dedicated to this amazing gift humanity has created. If you still do not have Netflix and you can't understand why everybody and their mother love it so much just get the 30 day free trial and see for yourself. And no, Netflix is not sponsoring me.. Although I really think they should (#pleasesponsormenetflix). 

Since we got Netflix my life and my routine have been changed for the better.. My productivity levels have also changed but we're not gonna discuss this today. These past few days have been filled with binge watching and trying to catch up with all the series that me and Sebastian have started watching in the past. 

So, the weekend is here already and I thought it would be appropriate to share with you guys some of the things we've been watching recently and you guys can also feel free to let us know in the comments some of the shows you've been watching too so we can all be lazy buns together.. Just on the weekends, on Monday we're back to our productivity game and ready to kick some ass. 

Suits.
 Ok, me and Sebastian are obsessed with this show. We've literally just finished watching two chapters in a roll. I said I needed a break before watching the nest one and that's why (among other reasons) I'm writing this post right now. But seriously, this show is AMAZING. 

In "Suits", we follow the everyday life or a law firm in NYC and the ins and outs of their business. I know a lot of people who actually study law seem to love this show but little me over here who knows very little about legal stuff still loves it. The best thing for me is the fact that this is a "smart show" meaning they don't play with sex or stupid jokes just to get your attention and you don't feel your brain turning into smoosh just by watching it.. I don't know if that happens with a lot of people but if I watch more than one chapter of "Two And A Half Men" I feel my IQ is dropping a little - not saying that I've never done this, but I'm not proud of it.. 

House Of Cards. 
A friend of mine actually recommend me this show and I don't know if I should thank her or terminate the friendship. This is a great show but I feel like I need to warn you that this is incredibly addicting. It's one of those shows that you just have to know what happens next and I'm not a very strong person when it comes to this.

This is a little different from "Suits" because it's about the backstage of politics in the US but the atmosphere is pretty much the same if you know what I mean. I believe that if you liked "Suits", "The Newsroom" or any other show that has a corporate/office vibe you're gonna enjoy this one.   

The Walking Dead.
I have to admit that I wasn't a very big fan of this show in the beginning and I only kept watching it because Sebastian really liked it. I know this show is extremely popular so I'm not gonna discuss the whole premise of it here. I'm just gonna say that it's about zombies and zombies don't get me very excited.. They just don't have the same appeal as vampires in my opinion. 

But, this show is good and I've been enjoying it more now.. It really grows on you. The characters are very well planned and as the story progress things get better and better. My only recommendation for this show is for you to give it a chance and don't give up on the first chapters because like I said, this show only gets better and better. 

The 100th.
As I was doing my little research before writing this post, I found out that they've canceled it and that there's not going to be a second season but the first season is still on Netflix and I highly recommend watching it.. I have no idea why they canceled this show, it was really good.

We followed the lives of 100 "teenage"prisoners who were sent back to our planet to find out if Earth was still habitable after some sort of nuclear accident that supposedly killed all the humans. Obviously, the accident didn't kill all the humans and they're gonna run into more trouble and obstacle than they thought. 

This show is a little bit like "Lost" (but not as good) in the sense that they thought they were alone in a place but weren't and now we see what happens, know what I mean ? And girl, this show offers some serious eye candy.. If you don't believe me just google Ricky Whittle.  



Orange Is The New Black.
This is another show that has been all over the place and there's a reason why people love it so much.. It's incredibly funny. I haven't watched that many episodes but I've seen enough to keep going. I haven't been watching it religiously just because my current obsession is "Suits", but whenever I'm in the mood for comedy this is what I go for.  

Modern Family.
This is the funniest show I've ever watched and I recommend it to everyone I know. I know "Modern Family" has been around for a while but every season it gets better and funnier and I never get tired of the characters. My favorite is Gloria.. Sofia Vergara is just amazing in every aspect. If you haven't watched this already please give it a go and you can thank me later.  

So these are the shows we've been watching lately. I was going to mention Pretty Little Liars too but by now I think everyone who follows the blog already knows I'm obsessed with it and they are probably already tired of me talking about it too. I hope you guys enjoyed today's post and I also hope I didn't contribute to your binge watching.

One last thing before you go.. I just wanted to point out that Netflix is different in every country and since I obviously live in Brazil the shows available to me might not be available to you and vice-versa. So please don't take it out on me if something like this happens.. At the end of he day you can always find everything online nowadays.  


Have you watched any of the shows mentioned?
Do you have Netflix? Do you love it?
What have you been watching lately?

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll talk to you soon.




   



3 comments:

  1. Hey Michele!

    The Carrie Diaries is my absolute favorite show on Netflix! I've been watching Gossip Girl a lot lately too and sometimes Drop Dead Diva, but it's a little boring in my opinion. I completely agree with you that Netflix is amazing and I've been so annoyed now that I'm back in college and have no time for watching it. I hope you like some of my suggestions! :)

    Madison // Mads Maybe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Madison! Thanks for the recommendations. I've already watched Gossip Girl but I'll definitely check out The Carrie Diaries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only ever really watched one of these shows, so thanks for the recommendations :) you da best!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...