pages

September 19, 2015

HUGE Monthly Empties | September, 2015.

As promised, today is Saturday and I'm here with a new post for you guys. Like I say in almost every video, I've been trying really hard to go through products to make sure that everything is being used and nothing gets expired. I've come to a point where I feel like I have multiples of everything and all this stuff is giving me a little anxiety because I feel like I'm wasting money since I won't be able to finish everything. 

For all the reasons above, expect more empties posts in the near future. I'm also currently on a "no buy" until my upcoming trip to the US so the only option I have at the moment is to use what I currently have which is good for my wallet and it also helps me to rediscover products in my collection. 

Just one more thing before we get to the empties, I just wanted to say that I've been working on these products for months now and they happened to finish this month. I didn't use them up from start to finish is September. So this was a long introduction to my empties post but if you're still interested just keep reading. 
Dove Nutrium Moisture Body Wash for Sensible Skin.

Love, love, love. I don't believe I ever found a Dove product that didn't work for me and this one was no different. I love their body washes because they are super moisturizing, they don't leave your skin feeling greasy and they smell amazing.   

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser.

I also love everything Cetaphil. I don't know if this happens to any of you guys and if it does please leave me a comment telling me about it but there are certain brands that are a perfect fit for me. I love their facial cleansers and moisturizers.

Having said that, I don't typically buy face washes because I feel like I don't need them. I can get away with washing my face with the Dove Beauty Bars or other bar soaps. I remember I got this specifically for traveling and for that purpose I really liked it.    

Aussie Split-End Protector.

This was OK. It was one of those products that you don't actually see results but you hope it's doing something for your hair. I remember I got this at a time where my split-ends were horrible and I think it helped a little although I would not repurchase it in the future.   

TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Shampoo.

I know a lot of Keratin is not good for your hair but I really liked this shampoo. I didn't use it every time I washed my hair because I think that it could have the opposite effect and actually make your hair brake. But as an alternating shampoo it worked super well and I would repurchase.  

Dove Dermoaclarant Deodorant.

This deodorant claims to make the color of your armpit area lighter. To be honest, I didn't see a difference but the deodorant itself wasn't bad. I like the scent and the formula but I was a little upset because I didn't see a difference at all in terms of making my skin lighter. 

Bath & Body Works Hand Sanitizer in Winter Candy Apple.

I have billions of hand sanitizer and I cannot explain how happy I am to see this one go because they take AGES to use up. And I use them quite often, two to three times a day when I leave the house. I wasn't crazy about the scent, it was a little too strong and intense for my taste.  

Acetone.

I literally have one Acetone bottle in every empty post I make. I love acetone. It's the only thing I use to remove nail polish because it's super fast, effective and cheap. I'm not picky with the brand and usually get the cheapest one at the drugstore. 

Essence Stay Natural Concealer in Soft Nude (03).

I originally bought this to balance a very dark concealer I have from MAC that I wanted to use up and it did an amazing job for that purpose. It was super bright and made me look more awake and whatnot but the amount of product you get is ridiculous. I used this up in three weeks.. THREE weeks. I like to finish up products but this was a little too extreme. 

TRESemmé Moisture Rich Leave-in Conditioner.

I always like to apply some sort of leave-in treatment to my hair just to help with frizz and make it easier to brush. This was an OK product. I didn't see any visible results in terms of moisture but it did make my hair super easy to brush and it helped with the frizz. I would repurchase it if I ever needed a new leave-in treatment but it wasn't life changing.  

Victoria's Secret Refreshing Body Mist in Amber Romance.

If you have one of those body mists you know how hard it is to finish one and this month I was able to finish two of them. But we'll get to the second one in a while. I'm a big fan of these and I still have 5 or 6 to go through. I sprayed this everywhere and multiple times a day in my body and it still took me 6 months to finish it. 

I've sprayed this so many times because it doesn't have a very strong staying power but I it's one of the reasons why I love these things so much. It's the perfect everyday scent, not super strong and not super light, and it's super cheap (if you buy it on sale or on their outlet stores). I love this specific scent and I would repurchase it if I ever found myself without body mists.      

Bath & Body Works Fragrance Mist in Be Enchanted.

I think this is my favorite BBW scent. Just like the previous one, this didn't have a very strong staying power but I really liked it. I still have another Be Enchanted mist to go through and when I finish that one I will repurchase this scent in some kind of product.. Maybe not a fragrance mist but a lotion or body cream.  

Essence Match2Cover Cream Concealer.

Another Essence concealer and just like the previous I loved it. I prefer this one because it had two different shades, a darker one and a lighter one, so I could mix and match them. I don't really remember how much I paid but I know it was super inexpensive. The only bad thing I have to say about this one is that it did crease, a lot. If you're planning on buying it make sure you have a good under eye setting powder.  

Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Moisturizing Conditioner.

I love Herbal Essence. They just started selling their products here in Brazil and I could not be happier. This coconut scent is my favorite and it kind of smells like the Aussie products. It leaves my hair super smooth and manageable without leaving any residue or a greasy feeling.   

Victoria's Secret So Sexy Straight & Silky Shampoo.

I've had this for ages so I'm pretty sure that it went bad and that's why I wasn't feeling it anymore. It was doing weird stuff to my hair and making it curly.. I've never had curly hair in my life. But when I got this I remember it was very good but I also remember it was one the pricier side and that's probably why I wouldn't repurchase it. I have cheaper alternatives like Herbal Essence, Dove and TRESemmé that work amazing on my hair for half the price.      

Dove Nutrium Moisture Body Wash.

I have no idea why I put two Dove Body Washes in different pictures but anyway.. I love this one just like the other. I would repurchase both of them and I'm currently going through another one just like this. 


And that's a wrap! I had no idea I had so many empties this month. I hope you liked the post and found it interesting. I always try to be as helpful as I can with the mini reviews in case some of you were considering buying a certain product that I mentioned. 

Did you finish a lot of products this month?

Thanks so much for stopping by and come back soon! 






1 comment:

  1. I had a million empties hanging around in a box in my room waiting for me to take pictures of them. I don't know why I always feel like I don't have enough to make a whole post worth it and then all of a sudden I am afraid that I have too many! Ha ha! Dove body washes are really good, I think. They are so creamy and make your skin super smooth.
    :) Alice
    www.alicemanfrida.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...