pages

October 27, 2015

5 Books That Will Get You Out Of A Reading Slump.

If you're reading this right now you're probably currently on a reading slump and that's not fun. At all. You want to feast in the sea of books currently pilling on you're book shelves (or Kindle if you're my kind of people) but you just can't. Nothing sounds interesting and you're just annoyed with yourself and with the world because you have a Reading Challenge to achieve and you'll be damned if you don't achieve it. 

Ok, maybe I'm being too dramatic.. I tend to do that sometimes. But when you're a "book person" reading slumps happen and there's not much you can do about it. The only thing that seems to help me out when I'm in no mood for reading is to pick an easy and fun read, preferably with a cute romance going on. The recommendations will all be based on that category "easy, fun, romancy reads" so if you think you might not be interested in them read the post anyway because if you're on a reading slump is good to try something new and those books are all AH-MAZING.


Attachments by Rainbow Rowell: I love this woman. Seriously, Rainbow Rowell, if you ever come across this post I just want you to know that I'm so thankful you were born to bless our lives with beautiful stories like this one - and this is not even my favorite book from her. This story is so cute and it will truly impact your life in one way or another. 

Our main character is an IT guy who works in a newspaper. Since the story takes place around the year 2000, his job is to verify all the emails that are caught in the company filter to check if they really are inappropriate and if so he sends them a message to warn them.

Emails from two friends who work in the newspaper keep popping up in the filter and, for some reason, he feels intrigued and keep reading them without telling them or anyone for that matter. He slowly starts to have feeling from one for these women and you'll need to read the book to know more about it. 

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell: This book was so cute. If I had to use one word to describe it it would be "cute" and that may not seem like a good thing but it really is. It totally blew me way.. Since there was so much hype surrounding this book I was not expecting to love it so much, but I did. We follow the perspective of a girl (Cath) going to the same college as her twin sister but they're not on the same page about how their relationship is going to work in the new setting. She doesn't really like change and her sister is quite independent and ready for some changes.

Cath is very quirky and total and complete bookworm. But the most interesting thing about her is the fact that she writes the most famous Simon Snow (the equivalent of Harry Potter in real life) fan fiction ever. The book is mostly about how she faces the changes that come her way and the possibility of a new and exciting relationship with her roommate's high school sweet-heart.  

My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick: I've read this book a while ago and although the names of the characters completely slipped my mind I still remember the story quite. This is a beautiful teenage love story with a very strong family side to it. 

The main character is a young girl who leaves next door (hence the title) to a big family. While her mom hates her neighbors, she loves "spying" on them through her window since she's not used to having a big family herself. She keeps with the spying until one of the kids who is more or less her age strikes a conversation with her and things go on from there. 

A romance starts against her mom's wishes and things start to get complicated. I know it seems like every other teenage romance story out there but there's a turning point to it that will completely get you by surprise. 

ps: There's currently a sequel to this book out and I fully intend to read it as soon as I can or as soon as my TBR pile allows it. 

The Boy Next Door by Meg Cabot: Besides J. K. Rowling (because obviously!) I think Meg Cabot is one of my favorite writers. She's just so incredibly funny and her stories are always super creative. This one is completely written through emails between the characters so be ready for that. 

I actually just finished reading this book today and I absolutely loved it. I think it's best to go into it without knowing a lot about the story so you can be surprised as things happen and feel all the feels. This book seriously got me laughing out loud and I cannot say that about many books. I say that if you could just pick one from the five I'm mentioning today, start with this one. 

ps: The Princess Diaries series were my life when I was in my teenage years. Me and my friend in school would literally exchange the books and talk about the stories everyday. 

Can You Keep A Secret? by Sophie Kinsella: Another laugh out loud book (and no, I refuse to write LOL - I'm an adult!) with an adorable romance. In this one, the main character is on a flight on her way to a work meeting and she ends up sitting next to a guy. All of a sudden, they face a huge period of turbulence and because she's so nervous she starts to basically share her life's burdens with this random man. 

After this business trip she finds out that the guy from the plane is not just some random stranger and she'll have to deal with the fact that he now knows all her dirty little secrets. This is such a quick and easy read that'll get you back on the reading mood in no time.   


These are all my recommendations for today. I hope it'll help you get out of your reading slump soon and if you're not on a reading slump these are still great books that I think anyone will enjoy. Please leave any book recommendations you might have for us and let's get chatty on the comments! 


Thanks so much for reading and I'll see you soon.  




2 comments:

  1. I just have to say I adore your new blog design! It's so so gorgeous! x
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did it all by myself. Thanks, girl! :)

      Delete